Winterhawk / Noble Beast / Demon Bitch Feb 21 Underground Lounge

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Just in case anyone didn't know...Forum member Dave has his book coming out on Feb 21st and to celebrate he is putting on a release show.

Here is the facebook page for info....

https://www.facebook.com/events/360626597450826/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

It is at the Underground Lounge. A few blocks from Wrigley Field. Parking blows but it is a block and a half from the train.

Should be a good time...come on out and buy a book to support Dave.

What, you're not going to come all the way from Canada for my show? How about if I put you on the guest list, would that make it worth your while? Ha ha!

I think you'll be very pleased with how the book turned out.

I wouldn't cross the street for your show.

The show started off as a huge mess. The club screwed over Dave by adding a comedy show before Dave's show. It was done the day before so there was little notice. Daves show didn't get going till 10:30 pm. The comedy show was terrible and every comedian tried to talk to us and aim jokes at us but then got upset when we would comment back or not laugh. It got bad when the singer from Noble Beast got into it with the MC. It was actually uncalled for and further caused issues and slowing the evening down.

Once the show started it was a great time. Decent turnout. Trouble was playing the same night. The Midnite Dice (Satan's Hallow) show kind of backfired since a bunch of people who wanted to see SH came in literally with a few songs left and were bummed they didn't know they were playing. Plus I know a few people who didn't come and would have if they knew they were playing. So while it was a clever idea and I know why it was done the way it was done...it also kind of backfired. Still Satan's Hallow were really good. The crowd all got into it and there wasn't any negative feedback from anyone.

Winterhawk were good. Not really my thing but this is why the crowd was there plain and simple. They played a nice long set so everyone was happy. Still amazing to watch them as musicians.

Noble Beast. Singer talks way too much. It is good to see a good power metal band in the states. Songs were decent. Nothing stuck out though. Crowd really thinned out up front for them.

Demon Bitch didn't get on till super late. They were really good. Really tight and energetic. Didn't let the smaller crowd effect the set. Everyone who stayed was up front and enjoying the set. Two idiots started a pit which was stopped quickly. Show didn't get over till around 2:15 am.

The book needed to be talked about more too from on stage. I think a bulk of the people there had no clue this was a book release show. I wish Dave you would have gotten on stage and talked about the book and what it is all about. JP just really introduced bands and mentioned the book a bit. During set ups you could have gone up and pushed it more.

Other than that it was a great night and a pretty good crowd.