Wireless guitar setups

Dont get me wrong, I've read a few threads on this board and the line 6 relay seems to have a pretty good rep around here, however when I have the choice to pay either £220 for the line 6 or £75 for the samson, providing the samson is of equal quality I think I know which one im more likely to go for lol...but like I said only if they are of equal quality

Got a G30 yesterday and used it for a show in the evening. Perfect sound, great range. My bassist uses a G50 which is great too, just better construction and longer range. Highly recommend these.

Just a little thread bump here: Any recommendations for something that'll go 4 hours on one battery?

I would think most units would have to last that long to be useful.
I've got an old wireless unit i got from a friend for like $50 broken, i fixed it and used it a bit in cover band stuff which is 4+ hrs a night with no problems.

My Line6 G50 does around 6 hours with a pair of rechargeable AA. It's fine with me.

My L6 Relay G50 went on tour without me. And the guy using it only had problems when he decided not to look at the battery meter for a few gigs. But seriously, I don't think there's anything that can touch the Line6 Relays for the price.

I just wish that they would start making wireless in-ear monitors at that same quality/price point.

Thanks! I'm testing the Line 6 G30 through the weekend. We'll see how it goes.

Pay the extra and go with the 50. Mine must have fallen on ground over 100 times and still running...

My buddy got a 30 and broke it after a few gigs.

Pay the extra and go with the 50. Mine must have fallen on ground over 100 times and still running...

My buddy got a 30 and broke it after a few gigs.

Yes. G30 is all plastic. G50/90 (both use the same transmitter) are metal.

However, the G30 uses a standard 1/4" input. G50/90 uses a crappy mini xlr to 1/4" cable that is destined to fail on you.

the G30 uses a standard 1/4" input. G50/90 uses a crappy mini xlr to 1/4" cable that is destined to fail on you.

Yes, but I never had any issues witht he min cable. I changed it for a Shure angled one and the G50 has been rock solid for me.

Both my guitarist and I use the Line 6 G30 relay (along with a Neotech Wireless Pouch... like 10 bucks) since we're cheapskates.
The pouch is important though if you want some sort of protection. As long as you're okay with you're instrument cable parallel to your strap, it keeps it nice and snug!

Both my guitarist and I use the Line 6 G30 relay (along with a Neotech Wireless Pouch... like 10 bucks) since we're cheapskates.
The pouch is important though if you want some sort of protection. As long as you're okay with you're instrument cable parallel to your strap, it keeps it nice and snug!

Good advice thanks!

Mine is held with rubber bands on my strap. I'll see if I can find one of these or something similar at my next visit to my fav store