Wireless mic tips wanted

tgs

Elder
With the new regulations in frequency range for wireless equipment, the mic kit we're using (SM58) for a band I work with live is not allowed to be used anymore. So I'm looking for an alternative. Some important points:

* I want it to be possible to use worldwide. For this reason I'm looking at the Line6 range, although I have no clue how they perform.

* The singer has some resonance in some nasal frequencies now and then and it tends to jump out ruthlessly in the PA. I suspect the SM58 doesn't do me a favor in that aspect. A mic with a smoother (upper) midrange and more flattering highs would be preferred.

* Working with a metal band, naturally I need good back rejection.

* I'd prefer a narrower pickup pattern. Kicking myself for not going with a Beta58 set when I had the opportunity, but now I can finally do something about it.

* I know it's probably not possible, but a mic that can take some abuse would be good. I'm talking blood, makeup, sweat, etc. The 58 has NOT performed well at all in this department, the sponge that protects the membrane becomes soaked too easily and then of course the mic sounds horrible.

* I also need something that is easy to clean, for the same reason as above. This is something the 58 is good with actually. I've even just put it under the tap once when I thought the mic was fucked anyway, but it sounded like new after drying off.

All tips are most welcome!!