Wireless systems?

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
I'm currently building a live rig and I'm looking for good wireless systems.

Has anyone tried the LINE6 RELAY G30?

Looks pretty easy to work with and it's small(that appeals the most to me)

are there any other good wireless systems out there that doesn't cost to much. Spill the beans.

My bass player and I both just bought the Line 6 XDR 95. Got them cheap as demo models off american musical. Works great. Easy to get going, sounds good, GREAT distance. Only flaws- 1. the rack ears aren't measured out great, bit of a pain to fit in a rack. 2. Installing the rack ears was a pain because of poor design. 3. Battery life is about 5 hours.

I'm currently building a live rig and I'm looking for good wireless systems.

Has anyone tried the LINE6 RELAY G30?

Looks pretty easy to work with and it's small(that appeals the most to me)

are there any other good wireless systems out there that doesn't cost to much. Spill the beans.

Ola, I have a Line 6 Relay G30 on order (arn't available here in the states until March).

I currently have an XDS+ in my rack setup and have used an XDR (The very low end one). Even the XDR beats the pants off $1000+ Shure/Audio Technica/etc. It really is really about the same as using a long cable. I would say 95-98% cable sound. I have used a LOT of wireless from all brands in my search (10+ units). I would go back to a lowly XDR ANYTIME over these units. That said I am not really a "Fan" of Line6, and I STILL Can't wait to get my G30!!!!

Trent

Yep Ola, I've been using the G30 for a while now and im really happy with it, works great both on really large stages (like 40m across) and small club stages, I've never had a dropout.

I have the Line 6 XDR95. It's easy to set up and no noise at all. Rackmounting it is a bit of pain in the ass, but nothing impossible.

Battery gets drained of course after 5 hours, but who gives a shit about that really?... the led gives you the battery life in a nice fashion... and you can use the used batteries for sound checks, after all. So no worries there...

In any case, you should get the tiny version, it only has 100 meter range, instead of 300 like the XDR95.

Oh, just realized you're in Europe. Which means you cannot use the X2 systems. Well, I suppose the Relay are the same digital wireless technology, so I say go for it.