Wish me luck, my fellow musicians!

Apr 2, 2003
Los Angeles, CA, USA
This Friday, it's finally here - my audition for music school. Scary stuff! If anyone has done this before, advice would be cool. If anyone's planning on doing it soon, I'll tell you what it's like.

Later. :wave:

Just remember to throw in some Romeo-licks and you'll be fine. :loco:

Seriously, relax and try to imagine all around you nude so you'll get the last laugh in any case. :loco:

Even more seriously, good luck! :loco:

Thanks for the wishes of luck, guys. It went alright - they didn't even ask me a lot of the stuff that I was told to work on (which kinda pissed me off, 'cause I'm great with arpeggios and they never asked for them). The guitar faculty were kickass guys, so it helped a lot. Now I have two weeks until I find out if I'm in or not.

Jazz stuff. 4 inversions of the 3 main kinds of 7th chords (major, minor, dominant). Major scales (they're all about the CAGED system), they told me to learn the 3 minor scales, and I did, but they didn't ask me. Same with arpeggios of major, minor, and dominant 7ths. Sight reading. Then I did a solo piece and an improvised piece with my guitar teacher, who's a professor at the school. Hopefully I did good, there were a few big blunders in there. Jazz is ROUGH.

YES! The call was supposed to take 2 and a half weeks, but 3 days later they told me I GOT IN. They said I passed all the tests "with flying colors," and I'm getting some scholarships based on how I did at the audition. WOOOOOOOH! I owe it all to the skills I learned from Symphony X songs! :headbang:

Thunderdel said:
haha, good luck man, tell us how it went

i go my audition in march! for composition :eek: :) 2nd study is guitar hehe

:hotjump:

Well it went good, I got accepted after all.

Composition - sweet! I was thinking of changing my major to that somewhere down the line. But I didn't have enough of my own work to present to them at the moment, so I just went with guitar. Actually I know a guy who did the degree program I'm going into, but now he's staying 2 more years for composition. Sounds cool.

Make sure you let us know how it goes!