Witchcraft - Firewood

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
Witchcraft have a new album out. Well, I'm not sure if it is out yet but just read a review on it. I cannot fucking wait to find it and get it in my hands. Has anyone heard it yet? :headbang:

JayKeeley said:
Witchcraft live > Witchcraft studio

definitely. i believe i read somewhere that they will be shooting for the same type of production for the new as with the s/t release. i'm sure it will be good too but if i can track down another quality bootleg of the newer material i guarantee that'll i'll listen to it more than the studio album :D

Carbonized said:
definitely. i believe i read somewhere that they will be shooting for the same type of production for the new as with the s/t release.

Ugh, I hope they get rid of that stupid voice echo/distortion box. They don't use it live, and considering they're a billion times better live than in the studio, they should just keep it natural.

Don't be such a pansy, JayKeeley. You've been harping on that crap for years now!:lol:

I just got word from Candlelight (who distributes Rise Above in the US) that the new Witchcraft will be releases July 26 in the US. I should have the promo soon. So I'll let you know if the vocals still kick ass!

Courtesy of Blubbermouth:

Candlelight Records with Rise Above Records are gearing up for a hot summer with the release of the new album from WITCHCRAFT. Titled "Firewood", the album will hit stores nationwide on July 26. The band is expected to premiere material from the album at this weekend's Emissions of the Monolith festival, where the band will make a one-off, headline performance on Saturday, May 28 at the seventh annual doom festival.

Working again with Jens Henriksson (producer), "Firewood" was recorded in England and enjoys a brighter and fuller sound than its predecessor. Whilst their self-titled album made a sizeable dent in the minds of the doom cult fanatics, this new slab will go a long way to establishing them beyond the narrow parameters of the underground to fertile pastures anew. Recent converts will be floored by their masterful grip of classic rock dynamics and their faithful followers, who have been awaiting patiently for their return, will find a natural successor to their incredibly striking debut.

Emissions from the Monolith features the best in underground hard rock, stoner, doom, and metal. Tickets for this year's four-day festival are already sold out; the weekend's additional performances coming from the reformed EYEHATEGOD, TODAY IS THE DAY, RAGING SLAB, ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY, PIG DESTROYER, KEELHAUL, SONS OF OTIS, YOB, STINKING LIZAVETA, LAIR OF THE MINATOUR, DIXIE WITCH and more.

"Firewood" track listing:

01. Chylde of Fire
02. If Wishes Were Horses
03. Mr. Haze
04. Wooden Cross (I Can't Wake the Dead)
05. Queen of Bees
06. Merlin's Daughter
07. I See A Man
08. Sorrow Evoker
09. You Suffer
10. Attention!

That one song from the bootleg will appear on this new disc and was mislabeled as 'Queen of the Beast' and should be 'Queen of Bees'. I think i prefer the name, "Queen of the Beast' :D

Doomcifer said:
:kickass:

I heard they were gonna be more proggy on this new album as well.

I've only heard the song i posted and it sounds really good. If you haven't done so already you should d/l it and take a listen :D I wouldn't say proggy (don't like the word to be honest), but there's a little more going on than what was on the debut.

Carbonized said:
I've only heard the song i posted and it sounds really good. If you haven't done so already you should d/l it and take a listen :D I wouldn't say proggy (don't like the word to be honest), but there's a little more going on than what was on the debut.

Ya, I don't like the word either, but for lack of better terms for people to relate, I am empty handed. :( I've hard a couple other songs and they are really REALLY fucking good.

The voice effects arent really there much on this one either, from what I have heard. I'm sure JK will be pleased.

Doomcifer said:
Ya, I don't like the word either, but for lack of better terms for people to relate, I am empty handed. :( I've hard a couple other songs and they are really REALLY fucking good.

The voice effects arent really there much on this one either, from what I have heard. I'm sure JK will be pleased.

Yea and the mix doesn't sound like it's buried under 20 years of dust which is another plus. I can't wait until i hear the rest of it but i'll wait to get it instead of d/ling the entire thing. Should be a great investment.

I downloaded the track, and it couldn't be any more in opposition to prog if it tried, I had a similar reaction that Jay did when he questioned their reason to exist. This isn't entirely a putdown, fans of vintage hard rock will love it.

Demonspell said:
I downloaded the track, and it couldn't be any more in opposition to prog if it tried, I had a similar reaction that Jay did when he questioned their reason to exist. This isn't entirely a putdown, fans of vintage hard rock will love it.

Hence, the reason why the term 'prog' is lame and outdated.

They throw in hints of Captain Beyond in this one.