with the new testament be a Dragonlord

Chuck has turned down some material, he thought was toooooo Black Metal(that Eric wrote), expect the New Testament to be along the same lines as The Gathering.........Now if you want more DL, then you'll have to wait til the new Testament album's recorded, and then toured(fully Worldwide), then Eric plans a new DL album, in the next Testament downtime................

I personally wouldn't want another Testament black metal influenced CD like The Gathering. I would like it to be along the lines of First Strike Still Deadly which is much better than The Gathering IMO. :) Most of The Gathering material should have been used for Dragonlord instead: for example, Fall Of Sipledome, Legions Of The Dead, Eyes Of Wrath, Sewn Shut Eyes & Riding The Snake.
Basically if u add keyboards on the whole Gathering CD plus black metal vox then u would have a black-thrash metal album.

Originally Posted By: "....I personally wouldn't want another Testament black metal influenced CD like The Gathering....."

First off, I don't think The Gathering is as influenced by Black Metal, as you seem to think IMO:rolleyes:

Secondly, you can't compare First Strike Still Deadly, to other Testament regular album releases, it's old songs re-recorded, with some differences, from the original versions.

Thirdly, I thought The Gathering was their best Post-Alex album they have released(best in years)IMO. How could you not be satisfied with an album of that calibur? Or one of equal quality?

And finally, if I did have to say that a Testament album was influenced by Death Metal, then I would have to say it's Demonic,
thats as close to Black Metal as Testament ever came.........IMO

These are just my opinions, & I'm not trying to bash on you.....
:saint:

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace

First off, I don't think The Gathering is as influenced by Black Metal, as you seem to think IMO:rolleyes:

U r right. The BM influence isn't that obvious, but it IS there.

Secondly, you can't compare First Strike Still Deadly, to other Testament regular album releases, it's old songs re-recorded, with some differences, from the original versions.

yea I know it was an album of re-recorded songs. But I still like it cuz of the better production, it's minimalistic on death vox, alex s. and john t. are on the record and it represents the Testament the best, mainly cuz it's their old thrash style :headbang:

Thirdly, I thought The Gathering was their best Post-Alex album they have released(best in years)IMO. How could you not be satisfied with an album of that calibur? Or one of equal quality?

Aside from the lack of solos I didn't like The Gathering cuz of the inconsistency in some songs like 3 Days In Darkness & Eyes Of Wrath and the dominant death vox. Don't get me wrong, it has some good stuff on it and power of the record is really intense, but most of the record is not my thing.

It's very good that the new Testament album is gonna have a lot of dual lead work and it's not gonna be The Gathering Part II :)

"...The next effort will be brutal with a lot of dual lead trade-offs between guitarists Peterson and [Steve] Smyth. 'Shred Guitar' fans are going to like this one..."

\m/ :mad: DUAL LEAD TRADE-OFFS :mad: \m/

And finally, if I did have to say that a Testament album was influenced by Death Metal, then I would have to say it's Demonic,
thats as close to Black Metal as Testament ever came.........IMO

no, there weren't BM influences on Demonic. I agree that it was a DM album except 2 songs which are John Doe & Hatreds Rise.

These are just my opinions, & I'm not trying to bash on you.....
:saint:

that's k DE. we're just having a peaceful discussion :)