with the release of damnation, will we see less mix of heavy and clean in deliverance

david411

May 7, 2002
Seattle WA
Visit site
cause im getting the impression if they make a cd thats all clean stuff "damnation" we wont see as much clean on deliverance if any, i love how they rock hard do some quick acoustic stuff and back to hard stuff and mix it all in but im guessing there songs off deliverance will be mostly all heavy

I think there might be clean electrics, by the way he phrased it.

"I don't know why really, it just got heavy as hell. Still we have more more mellow parts than I figured on the heavy album too, some Beatles 'Aaaah's' and some Scott Walker type vocals... it's fucking wierd, but I think I like it. "

So it will have some mellow parts... problably something similar mayh.

Originally posted by Mayh
"I don't know why really, it just got heavy as hell. Still we have more more mellow parts than I figured on the heavy album too, some Beatles 'Aaaah's' and some Scott Walker type vocals... it's fucking wierd, but I think I like it. "

So it will have some mellow parts... problably something similar mayh.

We can only hope. The mix of extremely heavy and mellow should be something to look out for... but I'm expecting something different, not your average Opeth sound... since they've managed to change with each album.

If the Damnation CD is like Patterns 2 and Still Day it should be a nice night-time sleep compilation... would also be good if the 2 albums were actually linked concept wise too.

The Damnation cd will be alot more varied than SDBTS and PITYII with the mellotronen and fender rhodes. It wil also have some percussion...