Witherscape

Dan talked about Witherscape extensively in this interview. Here's the Google translation (slightly cleaned up by me):

My new project Witherscape is partly similar. So far there was only one rehearsal, but my partner and I send each other riffs by email and discuss our ideas in terms of music almost daily. Ragnar is an extremely talented guitarist and drummer. He was never in a death metal band, but writes such songs for over ten years. He is a bit younger, but has also enjoyed Dismember and Merciless, and was only just still part of the fanbase of the first wave of Death Metal. He is like a muse, who motivates an old geezer like me. Similar to Diabolical Masquerade, we emphasize individual song sections, and do not necessarily have a traditional verse/chorus structure. We are bubbling over with ideas: There will be acoustic passages, sick piano melodies – but, just as with Demiurg, only as long as my attention span allows and it doesn't bore me. Not eight minutes of piano, but maybe 25 seconds. Much will have this dark, scary atmosphere, yet be epic. A mixture of really powerful metal like Dio or Black Sabbath with Tony Martin and Death Metal. But no hyperblast chaos shit. And I'm not the only composer, otherwise it would probably end as "Crimson III". There are echoes of all sorts of things I've done, from Nightingale to Unicorn. I want to incorporate all that into one project.

Sounds very promising to me.

Is there any news on a release date or something of that sort? I've read on what the project is supposed to and that he was planning for a release date thats already past.