WITHERSCAPE!!!!

Thanks, but after hearing the two songs on youtube so far all I could do in this matter is to restring the guitar for Ragnar :D

:)

btw, here is an interview with Dan in German.
http://metalglory.de/interviews.php?nr=927

This part:
"Weißt, wenn sich Festivals anbieten sollten, bei denen die Veranstalter viel Kohle für uns ausgeben wollen, dann hätte ich schon gewisse Leute, die ich fragen könnte, damit sie eine gute Show abliefern können, um in kürzester Zeit das komplexe Material zu erlernen. Zudem würde ich einen geeigneten Growler finden, da ich mich eher auf die cleanen Vocals konzentrieren würde als auch das Schlagzeug. Aber nun, im Moment ist nichts wirklich geplant, bin durchaus offen für Vorschläge:)"

says:
If there are festivals where the organizer is willing to pay some good money :)D) then I definitely would know a couple of people who are able to learn this complex material in a short time. Also I would then look for a suitable growl vocalist so I could focus on the clean vocals and on drums. At the moment there is nothing planned but I`m open to suggestions.

-

So we could all bug Rene of ProgPower now :)

I hope the translation of what Dan originally said is somewhat correct; I think the translation from English to German by the author is not always totally clear in the first place. For example earlier it says that Odyssey is going to get re-released ;) but then goes on with that it was released again in 2010 and has been dead for a long time.. so that is a bit contradictory and I blame it on translation bugs. :)

Mine was delivered by UPS which would've been a pain in the ass if it weren't for the fact that I stayed home from work today (Witherscape had nothing to do with that, promise ;)).

Just had my first play through: WOW!
Not only does it sound great (duh!) but it's shock full with awesome riffs and the whole performance is fantastic! Great to hear Dan behind the drums again as well.
I feel like I will be playing this one a lot. Kind of want to put it on again already. Will be listening to it a few more times to grasp the music before digging in to the lyrics.

The story is really sick, it makes King Diamond look quite harmless... Unfortunately, I didn't know the story yet when I did my interview, or else I could have asked Dan "What is WRONG with you??" ;)

I have listened to the album on mp3 as I await the arrival of my Vinyl edition. I will state upfront that I am a huge fan of Edge of Sanity, Moontower and other related acts from Swano. So I am probably biased. I think this is a brilliant record. Amazing death metal EoS deftness with trademarks from alot of other genres. The death metal vocals are some of his best. My thoughts for the singing vocals are they are very good. I didnt expect this rock style of singing and it gives the album a whole new dimension, some kind of classic metal vibe. Thus, bringing an amazing counterpoint to the death vocals. I know I and probably everyone else keeps praising Swano but I would like to give credit to Widerberg. Bottom line this is an amazing record for anyone who enjoys something besides straight up death metal.

Now, when will Moontower get a vinyl release?