WITHERSCAPE!!!!

So, listened this "masterpiece" eight, maybe ninth times. For me personally, it´s outstanding material. Dan is able to perfectly combine the sound (and the mood of the sound and style) rock and death metal bands. I´m listening Edge Of Sanity from 1991 year (I´m 41 years old) and this album is something like the next logical step in his work.
Sound is absolutely great, massive, without any comments. Great, really great drums, excellent vocals and guitars. and - the story is excellent, definitely not a copy of King Diamond (as someone said here).
For me 10/10. Thanx a lot Dan...

Great stuff, as expected. Have really gotten into Swanø-stuff lately, I love "Moontower" and Nightingale is pretty good as well. Not that into Edge of Sanity though.

Anyone know, is it possible to order the CD+ T-shirt package from Norway? And, is it just the regular CD in that package, or could you order a T-shirt and the Limited Edition?

That video seriously just blew my mind! I put my CD in my PC and sure enough there's 2 folders with 2 different mixes. I dragged the folder onto my desktop and compared them to what my PC ripped. It is a totally noticeable difference! Good looking out Swano! Genius to mix for all three right from the start.

Loving the album so far by the way! Can't stop listing to it and it's soooo great to hear new material from Swano and the collaboration with Widerberg.

Apparently the itunes purchase is cheap as fuck in India. I just bought the whole album for 135 INR (2.2 USD). Pretty insane, huh?

I've played it quite a few times and I'm still enjoying it more and more for every play through. Two things I've noticed:
1) I find it amazing how instantly "Dan" it sounds while still sounding so fresh. It's filled with so many classic-sounding Swanö-riffs with Ragnar's riffs compliments them perfectly.
2) The mix does not only sound superb but I also think it sounds timeless. It's clear and heavy and still refrains from sounding "modern". If it sounds like anything I'd say it's much closer to the sound of the 70's than the 00's.

I was really starstruck/honoured/whatever when I was asked by Dan to do some vocals for the album. And dying to tell the world about it, so for me the wait was maybe longer than for most others, he he. My participation on "Astrid Falls" wasn't the biggest, but there was more to do on "The Wedlock Observation", which also is one of the best tracks, but who am I to tell, ha ha. Wasn't superduper blown away at first, my first spins were more of the nervous anticipation kinda type, but it has grown more and more over the weeks...

603032_10153036234835562_792413923_n.jpg

I was really starstruck/honoured/whatever when I was asked by Dan to do some vocals for the album. And dying to tell the world about it, so for me the wait was maybe longer than for most others, he he. My participation on "Astrid Falls" wasn't the biggest, but there was more to do on "The Wedlock Observation", which also is one of the best tracks, but who am I to tell, ha ha. Wasn't superduper blown away at first, my first spins were more of the nervous anticipation kinda type, but it has grown more and more over the weeks...

Pretty damn cool.

Got my vinyl/cd/shirt yesterday, excellent work Dahhhn!

@ Evil_Ed: Kick ass guest vocals!:headbang: I like your screams a lot! Reminds me a bit of Blakkheim which is a good thing!

Thanks for the compliments guys, I've seen someone mentioned similarities to Jon Nödtveidt as well... I am not the one to agree or deny upon this, personally I don't think my screams are that special, I just do what I do, although Dan said that "The vocals are fucking awesome. Some of the best Black metal vocals I have heard...well...ever!!" (direct and unedited quote from a mail he sent me after receiving the files from my band Legacy Of Emptiness which he mixed/mastered a few years ago). I don't actually feel comfortable about bragging about my own (in-)capabilities in music, so this is an exception, he he.

Ragnar's performance on this is brilliant.The other guy, his partner... i forgot his name, is mentionable too

After some listening I must say what I said: great, absolutely great record.
But one thing:
This part of lyrics blow my brain out:

I wish I could be dead for a day
Just the hear what all the people would say
To find out in the end, who was really my friend
And what the meaning of life is about.

It´s.... simply ultimate truth.... words are not enough.
Thanx Dan again for this album, really...

Why have I only just listening to this now... Great sounding album, one of the best things Dan's ever done?!

It's 2 months since its release, where have you been? :p

Yeah, it's definitely great, as everything this guy is involved in... not as awesome as "Moontower" but still pretty good.

Oh, and one last thing...are you from Middlesbrough?? I support Middlesbrough FC, have done since 1995, and been over to see them twice. Not often you see people from there at places like this, I almost fell out of my chair...