Within Temptation Push?

Hmm, I'm in the minority here. I hated Underworld. And I love almost every movie I've seen (and I've seen ALOT of what would be considered "bad" movies!)

But considering how ridiculously popular Underworld was (at least around here) I think WT will be heard by alot of people.

I must be out of touch. I have no idea what blood and chocolate is. Although, with roadrunner behind them they should do well over here regadless of the impact or lack there of this movie does for them.

Edit: Checked out the trailer for this movie and i don't have high hopes for it. Roadrunner better do more than this.

Underworld kicks ass. I'll let you know how Blood and Chocolate is... a bunch of us are going tonight.

Maybe I am so entrenched in my metal world...but who the hell is Keith Caputo and why do they assume we should know who he is?

My question to Within Temptation...What have you done now? NOT GOOD!!!

I have no idea who Keith Caputo IS either. I even looked him up and I am still not sure. I know he is on Roadrunner so that may be the hook up point.

I saw the video with him in it and I was a bit let down. I love this band and they are going more toward the mainstream market. I can't say that I blame them though. Sooner or later it has got to be about the all mighty dollar. I will still give the cd a shot in hopes it has not all gone this way.

Within Temptation doesn't have far to go to appeal to the mainstream. They're not exactly the heaviest band on Earth. Everything they've ever done should already appeal to the Evanescence crowd, so all they need is exposure.
The only bad thing for them is that they'll be dubbed an Evanescence clone, while the opposite is closer to the truth.

Not sure how you say that new video is just a clone of an Evanescence video. Have you seen any of Within Temptation's videos before? They're all kind of like this except now they've got a stage performance tossed in. I don't remember that being big in any of Evanescence's videos. This is like the Mother Earth and remade Ice Queen videos mixed together with the "live" footage added.

Within Temptation doesn't have far to go to appeal to the mainstream. Everything they've ever done should already appeal to the Evanescence crowd, so all they need is exposure.

This is very true. What little bit they needed to go, they have gone it sounds like.

I have no idea who Keith Caputo IS either. I even looked him up and I am still not sure. I know he is on Roadrunner so that may be the hook up point.

I saw the video with him in it and I was a bit let down. I love this band and they are going more toward the mainstream market. I can't say that I blame them though. Sooner or later it has got to be about the all mighty dollar. I will still give the cd a shot in hopes it has not all gone this way.

I think I read somewhere today that Keith Caputo is the lead singer of the band Life Of Agony. And I also knew that the title Blood and Chocolate sounded very familiar and now I know why. If I'm not mistaken, this movie is based off a book. Years ago I remember a girlfriend I had at the time had the book and I actually read it. Based on the trailer for the movie, I am almost 100% certain that this movie is based on that same book.

Not sure how you say that new video is just a clone of an Evanescence video. Have you seen any of Within Temptation's videos before? They're all kind of like this except now they've got a stage performance tossed in. I don't remember that being big in any of Evanescence's videos. This is like the Mother Earth and remade Ice Queen videos mixed together with the "live" footage added.

Perhapse he ment the song in the video sounded like an Evanesence song. It's not much different than Bring Me To Life, although the videos are different.
The Evanesence video for Going Under has a stage performance. As a matter of fact it's not dissimilar to Within Temptation's Running Up That Hill video, except that she swims rather than flies. Further evidence that the clone tag will be applied to the wrong band if WT breaks big.

Running Up That Hill

Going Under

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the first Underworld is good.. Sequel....... not so much.
This could be okay but they really needed to start w/ a better title. The premise almost seems like Underworld but with (were)wolves as the main story and minus any vampires.
And movie soundtracks can do a lot. Evanescence got a lot of notice for having two songs featured on the Daredevil soundtrack. This was at least a month before Fallen even came out. The Daredevil soundtrack as a whole was 10x better than the movie. Wind Up did a good job with pretty much putting their entire roster on it. It was more like a label promo CD. Also netted me $80 when I needed some cash because I had the band sign it.
And Nightwish did get a bit of notice with Wish I Had An Angel even though it was on the soundtrack for possibly the worst movie ever made.
I'm more interested in that MMORPG that WT ended up creating a song for when they were asked if they could use an existing song.

Yea I thought Underworld 1 was good, but the second was better graphically. It wasn't bad either though I thought. Daredevil was ok..more like eh..though it may have been better than Fantastic Four (I thought just kinda sucked). Daredevil played a million times on cable..I thought it was the only movie that they played when Id turn the tv on ever so rarely...and what do you know, walla, it was Daredevil..and that didnt hurt Evanescence at all as you stated. I really think it could do the same for Within Temptation, at least similarily.

For example, I know some people who went to go see the movie X, a japanese animation movie (the story sucked..like many of the stories do..made no sense) but at the end you hear X-Japan! MANY people talk about how they never heard of them before that..and then fell in love with them. Suddenly you see people into Jrock. There have been Japanese Rock bands playing here as well which has not really happened anymore than progressive/power metal.

So if an obscure movie can do that for X-Japan, arguably one of the most influential bands in the world, I think the same crowd that likes Underworld may go to see the new movie in some sense..at the theater..depending on what else is released..but probebly more like on the DVD or cable. If the latter then their US exposure starts..but just a little bit later than we'd like. X-Japans song "Forever Love" came at near the end of the credits too btw. Go figure.

They will definantly be pushed....and us Americans better get ready because if I had to guess, Roadrunner will get them touring everywhere this year. I'm not a fan of a whole lot of roadrunner bands but look what it done for Dragonforce. This is just my opinion but I think Within Temptation is gonna be huge.

I agree. To my surprise, American audiences have amazingly embraced Dragonforce. I don't think they're discerning enough nor elitist enough to snub Within Temptation, because they think it sounds like Evanescence.. if they're marketed we'll enough I think they'll do great. Then again, this is the sucky US music industry and market.

I could be wrong, but how many bands sound like Evanescence in the pop culture anyways? Are their alot? Not from what I remember. Evanescence from what I can tell are more poppy now than in their first album. I thought with Moody it was much more metal-y..I think now its less so isn't it? I don't listen to pop radio so I don't know. Does anyone know?

On myspace alone, you have lots of female fronted bands that CLAIM to sound like Evanescence..but I have yet to find one that does, or doesn't let you down by claiming that. Unless there is another band that sounds like how Evanescence did, couldn't be taken as a nice replacement for them in the slot of where Evanescence had been with the first album?

I KNOW! Maybe Within Temptation should be the ones to do the Wifeswap show on metal families, then go on to star in Showgirls 2, which will then catapult them to get an Academy Award! Good idea right?.......:)

the underworld movies are both awesome and did well in the box office. they wouldn't have made a sequel if the first one turned out to be poo.

Possibly because they only just signed with Roadrunner Records recently and the soundtrack was all set a few months ago? Looks like the song is only featured in the trailer.

Just kind of sad that it takes a movie to get the name of a great band out. But no complaints here!!! All the best for them and I hope that this does spark new and interesting offers for them.

Stay Metal!!
saMetal

It would kinda suck if they are called a Evanescence clone. I remember when I first heard Evanescence, I thought they sounded like Within Temptation. So it should be the other way around when they do comparisons. I actually like both groups. WT a little better. Sharon does some great songs when she is ticked off. Very very glad they got rid of the growling crap that plagued the Enter album.

It would kinda suck if they are called a Evanescence clone. I remember when I first heard Evanescence, I thought they sounded like Within Temptation. So it should be the other way around when they do comparisons. I actually like both groups. WT a little better. Sharon does some great songs when she is ticked off. Very very glad they got rid of the growling crap that plagued the Enter album.

I agree, I like them both but WT more.

As a matter of fact it's not dissimilar to Within Temptation's Running Up That Hill video

I didn't even know that WT did a cover of Running Up That Hill. Probably a good thing I didn't hear it, because it sounds pretty horrid. Sorry Sharon, but Kate Bush you are not.

Jason