Within The Ruins - NEW ALBUM

it sounds so awesome and clear !
joshua can you tell some details on mastering proccess? because its sounds so clear and great but loud

what proccessing youve done to drums btw? tons of comps?

only just got onto this album, some really nice and tight sounding guitars!! Just POD you say for rhythms!? beast! internal POD impulses or custom ones?

There was like 5 or 6 different amps used over the whole album for different parts. A few being pod sims and a few being real amps. The main rhythms are pod though with pod cabs. No impulses

it sounds so awesome and clear !
joshua can you tell some details on mastering proccess? because its sounds so clear and great but loud

what proccessing youve done to drums btw? tons of comps?

Mastering is my Finalizer Express and then Izotope Ozone after that. I mixed through a waves ssl comp but I would not call that part of my mastering.

Drums are only waves ssl on each drum channel and nothing more. There is a buss with Verb and thats it on drums. No paralel comp or buss comp or anything crazy.

If anyone is up late, the video for Invade is being premiered on Mtv's Headbangers Ball tonight. I'm super stoked as its my first production that will be on Mtv.

shit dude, i was totally up for it, but I have school tomorrow. still awesome though, that's one more production on mtv than I have hahaha

Mastering is my Finalizer Express and then Izotope Ozone after that. I mixed through a waves ssl comp but I would not call that part of my mastering.

Drums are only waves ssl on each drum channel and nothing more. There is a buss with Verb and thats it on drums. No paralel comp or buss comp or anything crazy.

Very cool man, I've always been told less is more.

There is some sick guitar playing on this cd. The two instrumental songs Ataxia and Roads are extremely cool. What wah was used on this?

love the drum sound too. really punchy.

Yea there some talented guys for sure.

We used my Dunlop GCB95 Original Crybaby. These wah pedals only have a small sweeping section and the rest is just play. So I took a beer cap and taped it to the wah so the wah would only push down so far and hit the beer cap. This made it stop right at the peak of the wah sweep. Worked great!!

Joshua, GREAT fucking job on all of this. My buddies actually JUST showed me this album yesterday. Fell in love the first time I heard it, HAD to find out who mixed it..

Come on Sneapforum searching for audio engineer
Scroll down a little bit
???
FUCKING METAL

just wondering how the hell you all use ozone for mastering... :(

and what drums are these? they are so nice, im starting to giving up this mixing thing...

I used a blend of Slate samples and Drummers (yes thats his name) samples. We spent a whole day just tunning skins, setting up mics and taking drum samples. Me and Jay the Guitarist worked our ass off on getting some sick tones out of the drums.

Don't give up man i have been doing this for several years now and I still beat my self up when I hear other peoples mixes that are great. Takes time man just keep at it.

Anybody who listens to a few seconds of a song and writes them off should at least check out those two instrumental songs Ataxia and Roads. Seriously good stuff... much better than their older material... a lot of people here should dig this album.