Woe Is ME

Not that the amount of times a digital file is transfered matters.. :)

Last time (and last time of my life) i ordered from omega was nitnd.. took almost three weeks to get it.
Never ordering from that site again..

I've compared cds to some mp3s before and heard differences...could be the way they ripped it, but I rather do with the real thing. There's nothing like having the whole package. People with 14 cds and 500gb of music can go fuck themselves.

but if its recorded digitally, its just cd quality with some pops here and there...

This is what I can't stand on cds. I can not count how many cds I have purchased that have pops, cracks, skips or other sound errors in them. I try to take them out as best I can with programs like Audacity, but I can never fully get rid of pops (where it sounds like dust got caught in the laser while they were pressing the albums). :mad:

When it comes to mp3s though, I think they sound identical to the quality on cds as long as they are ripped at a variable bitrate or constant 256kbps rip (or higher). Anything lower makes cymbals sound like windchimes.
Jack

He was talking about vinyl. But if you have a good setup, you won't hear that stuff...also if you take good care of your vinyls too!

My bad. But the cds still have pops and crackles in the audio as well. I noticed right away the 'crackle" in the audio during "In The White" from Katatonia. That stuff irritates me, though it is not as noticeable as some other albums I have.
Jack

^i bought morningrise by opeth on CD (years ago) and it had peanut butter under the plastic, thats a msytery i never figured out

He was talking about vinyl. But if you have a good setup, you won't hear that stuff...also if you take good care of your vinyls too!

i use my dads old setup for vinyl, its like 30 years old, but its a beautiful setup so i dont hear a lot of pops or anything, ive heard way worse at least :p
and you make a few very good points :), i try and keep my vinyl (and most of my stuff) in as good of condition as i can. i have a perfect original copy of opeth's damnation here