Wolf - Ravenous!

On track 3 as we speak. Thus far I really dig it. I dunno about liking it more than Black Flame, but it's damn good!

Time will tell.

EDIT: Well, heard most of it and I love it. Their best? Dunno, but I want it.

Bloody release dates made sure Europe gets it a month early. I'm so sick of this "releasing stuff at different times" bullshit. This is the 21st century and we have the internet, enough already!

Not their best, but still very good !!!

Same here, not their best (still is "Evil Star" for me) but a very good metal album and undoubtedly has the Wolf signature all over it. Eagerly awaiting March 24th to buy it.

Listening to it now! Pretty damn good! Not sure if it'll match Black Flame for me, but they really hit it out of the ballpark on that one IMO. No matter how it shakes out in comparison to BF and Evil Star, Wolf is definitely leading the pack of modern day retro metal bands. They've got some serious magic going on!

Saw Wolf yesterday... amazing. One of the best gigs I've ever seen, seriously. They played about 65min, it was intense, tight and above all great fun! No shoe-gazing with this band, and what's especially noteworthy is the role of Johannes Axeman and Anders Modd: they were basically the frontmen instead of Niklas, running around the stage (and beyond), a great connection with the audience all in all. It was a smaller venue, not packed, maybe 100-150 people.

Wolf is pretty much the most relevant band in all metal right now. Just a great show! :kickass:

Setlist (can't remember the order so this is a chronological order):

In The Shadow Of Steel
Venom
Genocide
Evil Star
Black Wing Rider
I Will Kill Again
The Bite
Steelwinged Savage Reaper
Speed On
Curse You Salem
Voodoo
Hail Caesar

No pics by me but if I find some I'll link 'em up.

Wolf is pretty much the most relevant band in all metal right now. Just a great show! :kickass:

iagree.gif

Great you enjoy it, I wish someday to be able to see them live too.

Glad you enjoyed that show!! I've seen them once at KIT, and indeed they are a real,real good band live. I hope to see them again soon !!

Click here for some photos and high quality videos from the gig (not by me). Hope I'll get the chance to see them again someday. This was their first time in Finland and the turnout wasn't that bad considering they had three consecutive weekday gigs. Pretty sure they made a lot of new fans as well.

My copy arrived today! :Smokin::Smokin::Smokin:

Not a bad album. I'd say probly their best. Quite abit better than The Black Flame.

I agree a lot with the latter as for the first I still have "Evil Star" as their best but that may change if I keep spinning this one :lol:

1. The Black Flame
2. Ravenous
3. s/t
4. Evil Star
5. Black Wings

And that's the bottom line.:kickass:

Oh, you want a bottom line?

1. "Evil Star"
  2. "Ravenous"
  3. "The Black Flame"
  4. "Black Wings"
  5. "Wolf"