Wolf

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I'm not a huge fan but I'm on the list for an advance of this album, which from what I'm told ships this week...
Here's a press release from the label...
September 18, 2006
For immediate release

New WOLF music available for forthcoming North American release
Swedish traditional metal act WOLF will see the North American release of the band's fourth album, The Black Flame, on Oct. 3 through Prosthetic Records. It will be released in other territories the week prior through Century Media. The Black Flame's lead track, "I Will Kill Again," is currently available at Prosthetic Records.com (http://www.prostheticrecords.com/audiovideo/wolf/iwillkillagain.mp3 ) and on the Prosthetic Records MySpace site (http://www.myspace.com/prostheticrecords). WOLF recently shot a video for the track with director Owe R Kill Lingwall in Sweden, and it will be available online shortly.

All the details on The Black Flame's tracklisting, artwork, and release details for the North American release can be found at the Prosthetic Records website ( http://prostheticrecords.com/presspage/blackflame/cover.html).

I am, I'm waiting for it eagerly, and judging from the pre-listening it's going to kick ass and be on the top ten of 2006.

I've been listening to the leaked promo of The Black Flame for a few weeks now and just ordered my factory copy. THE NEW WOLF KICKS ASS! That's my formal opinion. With Evil Star I felt they were on the verge of breaking into the top tier of modern metal bands, and they've done it on this one. The songwriting is a full step up from ES with alot more energy.

Top ten album of 2006 for sure, and may crack my top-5. :headbang:

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I've been listening to the leaked promo of The Black Flame for a few weeks now and just ordered my factory copy.

I've been playing the hell out of it. It's really kicking my ass. The vox kinda bug me a bit but not enough to get in the way.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Top ten album of 2006 for sure, and may crack my top-5. :headbang:

Your top 10 is going to have more than ten this year. :lol:

I checked out Evil Star just because of all the talk here, and damned if it's not fantastic! I'll be getting the new one. Thanks to Wyv for the sales pitch on this one. Just got it last weekend (Evil Star - not the new one)

Hawk said:
I reviewed the latest Wolf album for my friends webzine Digital Steel. You can read it here:

http://www.digital-steel.com/DS/index.php?headpage=albumrevs&id=95

Well other than the line about good production you didn't mention any songs or how it sounded. Have any words of description for us here, are should I go by blind faith? I've Evil Star and think it a fine album, is it comparable to that album? I hate looking all around for reviews, a lot of them plain suck, either too short and no detail, or too f-ing long and bloated...

Imp! said:
Well other than the line about good production you didn't mention any songs or how it sounded. Have any words of description for us here, are should I go by blind faith?

:Smug:

From the review: "solid old school metal influenced by Iron Maiden and Saxon with a modern twist. Niklas has a high voice that fits the bill perfectly and their songs are filled to the brim with guitar leads, as they should be!"

Yea I know, reading is an art... :lol:

I just ordered mine on the early October haul (this damn month will make me to haul like three times)

Hawk said:
:Smug:

From the review: "solid old school metal influenced by Iron Maiden and Saxon with a modern twist. Niklas has a high voice that fits the bill perfectly and their songs are filled to the brim with guitar leads, as they should be!"

Yea I know, reading is an art... :lol:

Bargh... I second time this has happened to me this week, f-ing hell I'm getting lazy eyes or something. Sorry bout that, was kinda expecting a full review there, but fuck I'm blind, you probably had a freaking book in there...:erk:

Imp! said:
Bargh... I second time this has happened to me this week, f-ing hell I'm getting lazy eyes or something. Sorry bout that, was kinda expecting a full review there, but fuck I'm blind, you probably had a freaking book in there...:erk:

Don't worry about it we all make mistakes. It all good man. :)
So did you hear it yet? Its a killer album it has a definate harder edge to it than the previous albums. And less of the typical Maiden riffs than before. It took me a while to get into it but then I got hooked.

Let me know how you like or dislike it. :kickass: