Wolven Ancestry/Nefastus Dies Tour

Ars Magna

Ars Magna Recordings
Feb 25, 2007
United States
www.arsmagnarecordings.com
They played here Friday night...and holy shit!! Both bands were excellent! I didn't realize that the Wolven Ancestry guys (at least a few of them) are under 21. They were amazing live. If you have the chance to see this tour, give it a go!! Especially nice was their cover of Mother North. :kickass:

I thought Nefaustus Dies sucked pretty hard.
Voidhanger would back me up if he was still around here. We saw them (along with Panzerfaust and some other local jokers) opening for Nargaroth, who really put the rest of the lineup in their place.

Wolven Ancestry, on the other hand, I saw with my girlfriend opening from 1349/Nachtmystium/Goatwhore, and WA was the best set on the bill.

Nefastus Dies put on a great show in Columbus. They call it Urban Black Metal which, in my opinion, is a horrible description. IMO they are basically death/grind with some melodic touches (and keyboards).

Anyway, they barely made the show after their van breaking down for the second consecutive night and a hefty repair bill. They rolled in really late and visibly worn out. I expected a tired perfromance but they just erupted. There were a few in the crowd that were familiar with them going in to the show who had no interest in seeing them live. Afterward, they had been converted. They definitely gained some fans. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I was impressed.