Wolverine statment regarding CLOM

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
Cold light of Monday to be remixed
It's with mixed feelings we have decided to remix the entire upcoming album, Cold light of Monday. In a way it's sad that we feel the need to do it but on the other hand we are convinced that the result will be nothing but amazing. As it looks now we will head down to Spacelab in Germany again where we recorded our previous album The Window Purpose. All details are not finalized yet but that's what we are aiming for right now anyway. This decision was first and foremost taken by the band but we have also spoken to our label Elitist Records and they also agree that this is a wise decision. When we started the mixing we had already used up our time in the studio because of technical problems. This meant that we had to work whenever the studio was available and that ultimately led to a result that we are not satisfied with. We love the songs on the album and we feel that we have to present them in the best way possible no matter the cost. Sure, this means that the album will be a bit delayed but on the other hand it will sound much better than it does now and we firmly believe that that's what's important. We hope you all agree with us! :) We will announce the releasedate as soon as we know it!

Fredcod said:
Anyway... good work at Spacelab, it's a good studio. Who will be your producer?

Once again we will use and abuse Oliver Philipps and Christian "Moschus" Moos as producers.

veil the sky said:
ah well. artistic license and all that!!! i hope that the remixing all goes well guys .....actually i think you are just teasing us all!! ;)

Thanks, I'm sure it will. Yup, we're teasing everyone... Including ourselves :D.

I'm afraid the band have run into more problems. They got the original tapes and took them to Space Lab this week, but because the original recordings were so badly made everything but the keyboards and drums are unusable.

The band will return to Space Lab in July to re-record the parts, which means we won't be looking at a release until later in the year.

Lee

That, I would say, sucks enormously... I wish good luck to the band and waiting for their final results impationa.. impationet... shit, I mean I am dying to hear the album!

Reactions: Downfall
Lee_B said:
I'm afraid the band have run into more problems. They got the original tapes and took them to Space Lab this week, but because the original recordings were so badly made everything but the keyboards and drums are unusable.

The band will return to Space Lab in July to re-record the parts, which means we won't be looking at a release until later in the year.

Lee
:OMG: Well, I'm sure the album will be worth the wait! :)

It was the engineer's fault. The band didn't know it at the time, but everything bar the drums and keys were recorded at too low a level. When they've tried to boost the sounds when re-mixing at Space Lab you get nothing but tape noise above a certain point. Plus there were some bizarre mistakes with the effects, etc.

The guy also recorded from his hard drive to the A-DATs at the wrong frequency, meaning everything was in the wrong pitch when they took the tapes away...

The engineer apparently got 15 years of experience, but some of the mistakes made on this recording are just incredible.

Needless to say, Space Lab will get a proper job done. It's just a shame that this has caused so much hassle.

Lee

Thanks for your support guys!

We arrived from Germany this morning, and I just wanted to stop by and tell you that the recordings already sound about 1000 times better than before! As you might have read in our dear bassplayer's post he went down to Spacelab for a couple of days and re-recorded the bass. He was finished in about 6 hours, so it went pretty fast, and it sounds fat and nice :). We will return there in july and re-record guitars, vocals and maybe even some keyboards.

Stefan and I used our spare time at the studio writing a new song that will hopefully be on CLoM, if the other guys approve of it ;). It's an acoustic song that will come between Carousel and Pantomime... We'll let you know what happens :).

Anyway... Thanks again, and to those who have mailed me: I will try to answer your mails tonight.

Cheers!