Wonder what Rob think about this 6 years later

It's just funny how Rob thinks there was all this momentum, sold out shows etc. and then the band says how they can't afford to continue on unless they bring back the original line up. Obviously if the band was on fire it would have never came to that point.

All that being said he really has no right to speak on behalf of the band Anthrax who was going on long before he came in and was far more successful without him in there.

Rob has honestly brought nothing good to Anthrax. He might be a good guitar player, might be able to pull of some of Dannys stuff... But if anything Anthrax's music has gone down hill since he was in the band and the productions are nothing to be proud of.

And with THAT being said he should just shut his mouth and be grateful he is even in the position he is in. He is last on the totem pole. If it was an option to have Danny Spitz back for the next album instead of Rob I think it would be a no brainer to bring Danny back

1. Because Rob was the only one saying that. Charlie and Scott NEVER said that, right?
2. Nobody said that until this year.
3. Rob-thrax is more successful than Crook-thrax.
4. Scott, Charlie, & Frank write it all don't they? So then how's it Rob's fault?

Alex Perialas or Rick Ruban should produce the next Anthrax release. Alex is still around, not sure if he still producing

Anyone should produce the next Anthrax album besides Rob. It sounds too clean and too pro tools ish to me. But a lot of bands sound like that these days. Even Rick Ruben hasn't sounded all that great.

I honestly would take the production of POT over this new one and that shit is 20 years old. It had balls to it and a crunch. Might be a bit over produced but better than too raw and clean sounding. Technology is kind of fucking up a lot of bands. Even the newer Iron Maiden albums sound too clean for my taste. Could use a good old fashioned production sometimes. I really hate protools

He can think "Safe Home" was some amazing Anthrax classic or think WCFYA is some amazing return all he wants. The fans speak otherwise.

I think WCFYA was a great record, and I remember a lot of fans at the time (even the Joey fans) said that WCFYA was the best Anthrax record of all time.

8 years on, WCFYA is still a solid record. It may not be the Anthrax that people want to hear, but it's definitely up there with the best.

Anyone should produce the next Anthrax album besides Rob. It sounds too clean and too pro tools ish to me. But a lot of bands sound like that these days. Even Rick Ruben hasn't sounded all that great.

I honestly would take the production of POT over this new one and that shit is 20 years old. It had balls to it and a crunch. Might be a bit over produced but better than too raw and clean sounding. Technology is kind of fucking up a lot of bands. Even the newer Iron Maiden albums sound too clean for my taste. Could use a good old fashioned production sometimes. I really hate protools

It's 2011. Just about any recording by a band at Anthrax's level in this day and age is going to be 'clean' or 'modern' sounding. Some bands feel it actually captures their live sound better. I think it's just a matter of getting with the times... it's kinda unrealistic to want a record to sound like it came from 1989, unless it was from some independent/DIY band.

I'm surprised at how pro-tools it doesn't sound. It could be a lot worse. Rick Rubin doesn't even do anything anymore. He now has a team that does what they think he wants, let's him hear the mixes and then he tells them what to change. It's very rare that he'll even go into the studio. It kind of sucks because he used to make great sounding records.

I think WCFYA was a great record, and I remember a lot of fans at the time (even the Joey fans) said that WCFYA was the best Anthrax record of all time.

Would like to who in their right mind would honestly think WCFYA is the best Anthrax album of all time. Especially fans that came from the Joey era.

SOWN is by far the best John Bush era album and in my opinion is the ONLY John Bush album that can ever remotely be considered one of Anthrax's best

It's 2011. Just about any recording by a band at Anthrax's level in this day and age is going to be 'clean' or 'modern' sounding. Some bands feel it actually captures their live sound better. I think it's just a matter of getting with the times... it's kinda unrealistic to want a record to sound like it came from 1989, unless it was from some independent/DIY band.

Yep I agree. I don't know what it is but the production on those older albums often times seem a lot better to me than the new 'clean' sounding productions of many new bands. Like I said even Iron Maiden has the clean sounding productions and I would take a production like Seventh Son of a Seventh Son or Powerslave over any of the newer albums productions any day. And those were done 30 years ago.

I get the moving forward and being modern thing. I guess radio has the format they need the songs to be in. All radio songs have a certain production value and I think that is what sets the standard for how productions are done these days.

Yep I agree. I don't know what it is but the production on those older albums often times seem a lot better to me than the new 'clean' sounding productions of many new bands. Like I said even Iron Maiden has the clean sounding productions and I would take a production like Seventh Son of a Seventh Son or Powerslave over any of the newer albums productions any day. And those were done 30 years ago.

I get the moving forward and being modern thing. I guess radio has the format they need the songs to be in. All radio songs have a certain production value and I think that is what sets the standard for how productions are done these days.

I actually think Maiden's Brave New World is the best sounding Maiden album of them all. The 80s albums sounded great, made you think they couldn't sound any better until BNW came along. Perfect mix of polish and raw. I also thind WM falls into this category.

Good point... really the only new music I listen to is new albums from old bands, so for that I can tolerate the modern production value for albums like WM. Oh, and you're right about Powerslave, etc... those albums sounded amazing for their time.

I actually think Maiden's Brave New World is the best sounding Maiden album of them all. The 80s albums sounded great, made you think they couldn't sound any better until BNW came along. Perfect mix of polish and raw. I also thind WM falls into this category.

I am not that big on the BNW production. I liked the Dance of Death production better. Some say Dance of Death is over produced but I kind of like it. BNW was a bit too raw for me. But I like the album itself.

Good point... really the only new music I listen to is new albums from old bands, so for that I can tolerate the modern production value for albums like WM. Oh, and you're right about Powerslave, etc... those albums sounded amazing for their time.

Thats funny. I pretty much am the same way. Not much new music I like. I guess that is a sign of getting old :D

But I really do like the old school production values I think that is what added to the greatness of those classic albums.

If Among The Living came out with the same production as Worship Music it wouldn't be the same. Even the songs on TGOTE just didn't do it for me with the more modern type production.

This one's a bit random, but anyway....

Ginger, vocalist in The Wildhearts, is constantly answering questions from fans on his formspring profile, and this little dialogue popped up on there:

Fan: Do you like Anthrax (the band rather than the disease)? Their new album is a bit bloody good!
Ginger: Love Anthrax but I wonder why they don't have Dan Spitz playing with them?

Fan: Re. Anthrax and Dan Spitz - Dan is no longer with them as he is too busy running his watch repair business. I kid you not: http://www.spitzwatch.com/
Ginger: FFS

Fan: You'd think spitz would fancy a spot in Anthrax with all that time on his hands........
Ginger: Ouch.

About Rob... dude wears a beanie, has a goatee, and has a rather laid-back stage presence meaning he probably just smokes a lot of weed. Give the guy a break. :Smokin: