Anthrax with Belladonna vs. Armored Saint

Have I already told that I love new Armored Saint album La Raza...:)
..actually I might on a wrong message board...

T:)

Easy ANTHRAX, I think this will probably be the only board on the net where Amored Saint might get a significant number of votes though....

Thats because most of the original Anthrash fans from back in the day have long left. Once Joey is back out there and Antrhax is back in form, this forum will hopefully get a lot of the OG fans back on it. And the cry baby Bush era fans can go attend Armored Saint gigs and masturbate to John Bush

Thats because most of the original Anthrash fans from back in the day have long left. Once Joey is back out there and Antrhax is back in form, this forum will hopefully get a lot of the OG fans back on it. And the cry baby Bush era fans can go attend Armored Saint gigs and masturbate to John Bush

I'm not from back in the day but really the reunion is what brought me here. I have no interest in bushthrax.

You really can't compare the newest AS release with the Thrax record they put out for the reunion, one is new material and one is a live album and live albums do not traditionally do well--unless you are kiss

Don't think you can really compare sales of one band's new studio record to another band's greatest hits.

I have every Anthrax record but have never bought one of the GH discs and never will. What's the point (and don't try and spin the "better sound" argument!)

It's totally irrelevant.

Actually they're not that bad.:)

Can you listen to them without grining...? :)
Spells of Fear must be one of the worst thrash metal albums ever made!

Just for comparison...

Armored Saint - from their 2000 album Revelation song called After Me, The Flood

This isn't actually Joey's solo stuff but something he did after leaving Anthrax for the first time...

Bought Sun Red Sun CD because it was the last album that once Black Sabbath singer Ray Gillen appeared on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyone out there who likes Belladonna's solo efforts...?

His first solo record was excellent song wise but he crippled the production. I was fortunate enough to be there when he recorded it at Pyramid and there was a "wall of guitar" as far as the sound but Joey felt it competed with his vocals so he had Alex tone it down.

well... I'm just wondering what, if any, happens at all. I'm neither seeing a new Anthrax or AS happening anytime soon. Anthrax might just dissolve itselfs, I mean, they fired Joey two times... why should it work out now? And the Saint is just a fun project... so well, we'll see.

His first solo record was excellent song wise but he crippled the production. I was fortunate enough to be there when he recorded it at Pyramid and there was a "wall of guitar" as far as the sound but Joey felt it competed with his vocals so he had Alex tone it down.

OK...I'll try to give it a listen...some day. :)

btw. what happened to Alex Perialas? He did great job with early Testament albums and so on but from Flotsam & Jetsam's "When The Storm Comes Down" onwards his productions started to sound somehow thin and well...can't explain it...somehow dated.

OK...I'll try to give it a listen...some day. :)

btw. what happened to Alex Perialas? He did great job with early Testament albums and so on but from Flotsam & Jetsam's "When The Storm Comes Down" onwards his productions started to sound somehow thin and well...can't explain it...somehow dated.

I think Alex either lost the heart for it or couldn't keep up with technology. My favs from Joey's solo are Rob You Blind, and Powertrip. I thought most of the vocal melodies were really strong though

I agree...I suppose the problem is not the vocals (or vocal melodies) on that album ...or on Spells Of Fear...I think songs and playing (and production) are ones to be blamed. Sure Joey sounds like he does - well on Spells...he is using even lower register than on Belladonna and POT and I think that experiment wasn't really successful one - but music is kinda faceless, generic...somehow powerless.

1995 Joey released Belladonna...Anthrax put out Stomp 442...1998 Joey had a new band and released Spells of Fear...Anthrax did Vol. 8...if someone wants...it could easy to make some comparisons... between bands, singers, songs, styles etc...