WOODS OF YPRES confirmed for Adrian Bromley's Tribute!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
It will be an honour to play this. :kickass:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/102767

PILEDRIVER, WOODS OF YPRES, DETSORGSEKALF, ECLIPSE ETERNAL, ENDORPHINS, INTO THE VOID, MUSK OX Confirmed For Adrian Bromley Memorial Show In Toronto

Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 at 15:08:59 EST

Noel Peters from Toronto-based Inertia Entertainment Inc. has posted the following Adrian Bromley Memorial update on the Brave Board at Bravewords.com:

On Saturday, January 17, 2009 a gathering will take place at The Opera House in Toronto to honour the life and times of our friend Adrian ‘The Energizer’ Bromley.

Come down and share stories with friends and family, and reminisce about the good times shared. A microphone will be available on stage for anyone who would like to take the stage to pay tribute to our friend.

Several of Adrian’s favourite local musical acts will be performing as well, paying tribute. Live performances throughout the evening will come from: DETSORGSEKALF, ECLIPSE ETERNAL, ENDORPHINS, INTO THE VOID, MUSK OX, PILEDRIVER and WOODS OF YPRES.

Additionally there will be a silent auction taking place throughout the evening.

Admission is PWYC/Donation, with all proceeds going to the Canadian Cancer Society.

A Memorial For Adrian Bromley
Saturday January 17, 2009
The Opera House, Toronto
735 Queen St. E., 416 466 0313
Doors open at 7:00

Let's give Adrian a devastatingly awesome show! :kickass:

DG - \w/

Never knew the guy, but it's a shame he passed as he was a positive influence on the Metal scene, and by all accounts a great guy.
Go raise some hell for him, WOY!:headbang:

I do know that Adrian once told me (actually he and my neighbor were ganging up on me) that The Looming of Dust in the Dark & The Illumination was his favorite from the record.

"It sets the mood for the entire album."

Definitely a great track that could be an awesome opener....

We can only hope....

Excellent, excellent weekend in Toronto-- capped by the Woods set on Saturday night...surreal for sure...my throat hasn't been that hashed in about 20 years or so...nor have so many horns been thrown by me in as long, either...

still trying to wake up (went to bed at 4:15 am and got up at 8:30 to get cleaned up and hit the cab back to the airport)...

will post more as I become lucid...

The Woods set crushed:

Intro: The Shams of Optimism
Crossing the 45th Parallel
A Meeting Place and Time
The Looming of Dust in the Dark (and the Illumination)
The Will to Give
Thrill of the Struggle

2473.jpg

2474.jpg

2475.jpg

*courtesy of Mark Coatsworth featured on the BWBK gallery page

glad you enjoyed the show. it was a pleasure to be a part of the event to honour Adrian and his contributions to the metal community

^ Awesome :kickass: I figured it was a tribute to him, just wasn't sure on the exact shortform. Glad to hear it was an awesome show guys, oh how I wish I lived in Toronto.