Woods of Ypres Covers On Video

robfrules

Sault Metal Scene Adm!n
Hey guys, longtime reader and occasional poster. I noticed that videos from the David Gold memorial concerts in Toronto, Sault Ste. Marie, and Calgary haven't gotten a lot of notice on here, so I thought I'd share the ones I could find here for anyone interested to check out! These include a few bonus covers from live concerts outside of the tribute concerts (including one before David passed away) and some extra notes! If I'm missing any live concert Woods covers, feel free to share them!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toronto memorial concert/Woods 5 release party (April 5th, Annex Wreckroom)

Videos of each band's Woods of Ypres cover (in order, Panzerfaust covering "A Meeting Place & Time" at 6:15, Pagan Ritual covering "The Shams of Optimism" at 15:18, Eclipse Eternal covering "Crossing the 45th Parallel" at 18:30, Kittie covering "Everything I Touch Turns To Gold (Then To Coal)" at 27:27, Sixes & Sevens covering "You Were The Light" at 33:22, members of Bolero covering "Allure of the Earth" at 40:36, Empyrean Plague covering "Shedding The Deadwood" at 47:28, Musk Ox & Paul Kuhr covering "You Are Here With Me (In This Sequence of Dreams)" at 53:28, Gypsy Chief Goliath covering "Suicide Cargoload (Drag That Weight)" at 58:57, and Novembers Doom covering "Wet Leather" at 1:02:59)

Crossing The 45th Parallel by Eclipse Eternal

Everything I Touch Turns To Gold (Then To Coal) by Kittie

A Meeting Place & Time by Panzerfaust

Suicide Cargoload (Drag That Weight) by Gypsy Chief Goliath

Wet Leather by Novembers Doom

You Are Here With Me (In This Sequence of Dreams) by Musk Ox & Paul Kuhr

Sault Ste. Marie memorial concert/Ypres Metal Fest (April 7th, Canadian Nightclub)

Everything I Touch Turns To Gold (Then To Coal) by Kittie

Halves & Quarters by The Valentine's Day Massacre

I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery by Garden of Bedlam (ft. Steve Myers & Josh Norling)

Kiss My Ashes Goodbye (Part 2) by The Bear Hunters

A Meeting Place & Time by Joel Violette & Rae Amitay

The Northern Cold by Hallows Die (ft. Joel Violette and Rich Moreland)

The Shams of Optimism by Shit Liver

Shards of Love (Hurt Forever) by Alex Petrovich, Joel Violette, Bryan Belleau, and Rae Amitay

Shedding The Deadwood by Empyrean Plague

Song of Redemption by Joel Violette, Bryan Belleau, and Rae Amitay

Suicide Cargoload (Drag That Weight) by Gypsy Chief Goliath

Wet Leather by Novembers Doom

Two other bands at this show (Redundant & Wolven Ancestry) didn't play a full Woods cover. Redundant instead covered a song by David's old Sault Ste. Marie band Proposition 86, while Wolven Ancestry's planned "A Meeting Place & Time" cover was instead partially integrated into one of their originals due to time constraints.

Joel Violette & Rae Amitay's tribute set in Sault Ste. Marie also saw them cover "Silver" & "Shedding The Deadwood", which weren't caught on film that I know of
Calgary tribute concert (February 24th at The Distillery Public House)

Your Ontario Town Is A Burial Ground by Gales of Avalon

Extreme Metal Television's coverage of the Calgary tribute, featuring brief clips of Reverend Kill covering "A Meeting Place & Time" 4:59 in, Hammerdrone covering "Suicide Cargoload (Drag That Weight)" 5:27 in, and Gales of Avalon covering "Wet Leather" 7:40 in. Watch the whole thing for comments from promoters and musicians about David and his impact! Mares of Thrace, Psycomantium, Phantom Limb, and Moradin also played this tribute show, but I can't find video footage of their sets.

Assorted other Woods covers

Matt Smith covering "I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery" and "You Are Here With Me (In This Sequence Of Dreams) at a December 2011 concert in Massachusetts

Suicide Cargoload (Drag That Weight) by Baalberith at a jam session

Suicide Cargoload (Drag That Weight) by Gypsy Chief Goliath at an Etobicoke concert

Suicide Cargoload (Drag That Weight) by Methuselah Burning at a jam session

The Shams of Optimism by Pagan Ritual at an Oshawa concert

Your Ontario Town Is A Burial Ground by Gates of Winter at a 2008 concert in Sault Ste. Marie (with David Gold on drums!)

Your Ontario Town Is A Burial Ground by Unbowed at a Hamilton concert

Last edited by a moderator: