Woods of Ypres cover album

whyteboi101

New Metal Member
Jul 12, 2009
I got this idea a couple of days ago, about possibly recording a cover album for Against the seasons, and putting it up as a sort of homage. Something where different bands or just fans who play the instruments can join in. All the proceeds will go to the Gold family.

Myself, I could do guitar and drum tracks for songs 1 and 4.

I was wondering if anyone else was interested or like this idea.

it sounds like a great idea!
just one thing though, a thought if you will, maybe do a 1 disc cover of the best songs from all albums, or multi disc cover, of more of the best songs from all albums, possibly having every few songs being performed by different people?
this is actually a really good idea, something that passed through my mind not long ago aswell

I can offer aggressive vocals and guitar! I know dave's guitar part on suicide cargoload pretty well, as well as the bass.

I'd love to do guitar and backing (growlier) vocals on Wet Leather. And I'm sure I could figure out the bass as well.

Really, I just need drums.

I made that text tab for Suicide Cargoload on Ultimate-Guitar but someone uploaded a really good Guitar Pro version recently. Didn't listen to it (no sound atm) but just going through it seems right.

This is an awesome idea. I have been thinking about it too. I think the 'best of' idea is better. Anyhow I would be honored to do any kind of vocals (I've done vocals for Nephrolith) and I have a friend interested in doing some bass or guitars. Let me know.
Hope this evolves into something promising.

P.s. I could do drums for Suicide cargoload and maybe some other songs as long as i borrow a set of mics.

i would also be more than happy to contribute to the construction of album artwork, poster art work (that i think would be awesome to include with the album)
i have a great load of pictures of Northern Ontario (something Dave seemed quite fond of)

i honestly love this, a community coming together and creating something BIG

Hey , thanks for all the input. I talked to a friend who owns a local record label, to see if he would be interested in backing this up or something. He told me its a great idea but that I would have to contact Earache records, since they own the discography.

Anyways, over the course of the next few weeks I will go ahead and track one of the songs from the first album(guitar,bass,drums), so that I have something to send Earache when I do contact them. I'm pretty positive that they would allow this to happen.

For distribution I was thinking a "pay what you want" system(with a minimum of 1$) for the digital tracks, and maybe even a special vinyl or CD version for the hardcore fans. All proceeds are still going to go to David's family. I'm sure Woods fans across the world would love this idea.

I'm glad this got so many views and positive feedback, I may be contacting some of you in the near future for some vocal tracks. I think its great that as a community, we can do this project, and come together to provide an awesome tribute to a great guy.

After I hopefully get an okay from Earache, I'll be back here, and if anyone has any ideas for any specific songs that they would be able to contribute on, I will be more than happy to help, again, with guitar, bass, and drums. It will be a great learning experience musicianship-wise, learning all the songs by ear, and I would like the album, if it happens, to be as diversified, and filled with as many different musicians and fans as possible. What with the increase in the digital technology, I am positive that people from around the world could come together and make this a very special, intimate, and a true to the band album.

as I said before, I know most of suicide cargoload, I am also learning a meeting place and time on guitar. My vocal register is more in the lower register, so i'd love to do some aggressive vox on something like suicide cargoload or halves and quarters, or anything else you want me on. I can do most of the aggressive vox on woods IV.

I'd like to do Finality. (Vocals and what not)

I can probably record the entire cover but if someone wants to collaborate on it let's do it!

RIP David!
Hadi

I would also be interested in contributing. I already know how to play a few woods songs on guitar all the way through and can do harsh vocals. Keep posted on this please!