WOODS OF YPRES - W4: The GREEN Album is a 2010 album!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Woodsfolk,

W4: The GREEN Album was first mailed out to "pre-order" listener-supporters on Friday, November 13th, and officially released in Canada and on i-tunes on Tuesday December 15th, and though I have seen the album appear of many listener-supporter "Top 10 Lists for 2009", the album was released too late in the year to appear in most of the worldwide metal press. Therefore, W4: The GREEN album was a 2009 release for listeners in the know, but is OFFICIALLY a 2010 release for everyone else.

If you like the album, would like to support the band and would like to hear a "W5" before too long, please spread the word about W4: The GREEN Album THIS year, throughout 2010! Tell your friends, tell your enemies, post youtube links on facebook, tweet about it on twitter, re-tweet news you read about it, listen to it, talk about it... Please help spread the word! 2010 is the year to get the word OUT! There are many people who don't even know this band exists, yet...and I'd like to get them into it this year and see W4 on as many Top 10 lists authored by new listeners by the end of 2010 as possible.

NO ONE knows the future of the music 'industry' or what will happen...however, I keep hearing suggestions that 'going independent' WILL be the way to go, so that's just may be where we'll stay and where we'll keep getting better at what we do.

My vision has slightly changed recently, in the way that I now see W4 as the "+1" to the black metal trilogy (Woods I, II, and III), the album that concludes the beginning at the end of the 2000s. W5 will be the dawn of the new beginning, the new decade, the new and better way of doing things...almost everything. In order to see that vision of the future materialize, we need to set things up, now, with W4. The album is recorded and released, but the other half of the 'work' has just begun.

Thanks as always! Please spread the word!

DG - \w/ :kickass:

I will keep pushing W4, but it still IS a 2009 album. Got it in 2009, fuck the press! It keeps up the good WoY tradition, paid for it in 08, got it in 09, just like W3 (07-08). Am I gonna pay for W5 in 10 and wait till 12? ;-)