Woods of Ypres

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I notice they just made feature article (and front cover) of Unrestrained magazine. It seems like only yesterday when we reviewed their demo at Royal Carnage. Glad to see Mr Gold getting some recognition in the press.

Wouldn't they seem like a good fit for HC 3?

I've suggested them this year and last year :erk:

I think I recall Dave saying they couldn't play HCII because the time of year it took place the band had other things going on (NAMM convention?).

So, obviously this year their schedule should be free since HCIII is happening in Nov. Wonder if they've been approached at all or...?

So, obviously this year their schedule should be free since HCIII is happening in Nov. Wonder if they've been approached at all or...?

Well, given the fact that Dave praised the additions of Moonsorrow and Wolven Ancestry, I'd say that there's a decent chance the band could play HCIII if the stars aligned. I'm not sure what it would take financially to make it happen, but as you indicated, I hope they've at least been approached, particularly in light of the facts that they would fit in musically, in addition to residing on this side of the Atlantic.

I'd say there's at least a 75% chance WoY will play HC3 this year.

And, yes, I think they'd slay. David Gold is a fantastic musician, a very nice guy, and a killer songwriter. Woods is starting to get recognition because they're a (mostly) undiscovered gem. I think they're going to be a band to watch in the coming years.

I'd say there's at least a 75% chance WoY will play HC3 this year.

And, yes, I think they'd slay. David Gold is a fantastic musician, a very nice guy, and a killer songwriter. Woods is starting to get recognition because they're a (mostly) undiscovered gem. I think they're going to be a band to watch in the coming years.

Why do you give them 75%?

I picked up their new disc based on recommendations on this board, and I must say, they are of extremely high quality! I would love to see WOY play HC3. In fact, I think I will listen to them right now.