Woods on vinyl?

Morf1end

Jan 20, 2005
Sorry of this has been asked before. Dave, any chance we could see some Woods albums on vinyl in the near future? Even a limited run of 100-500 through Profound Lore or something would make an awesome collectible. Of course they would have to be gatefold releases :cool:

A few people have approached us about doing some Woods vinyl over the years, but as of yet, no one has put their money were there mouth is...was. :rolleyes:

Eventually, when we finally find the time to devote to it, Dan Hulse and I would probably just make it happen on our own and put some Woods vinyl out on Krankenhaus. We've even discussed it before, referencing some cool ideas from the early Danzig years were he apparently had all kinds of rare and limited editions of his music on wax in different colours and packages. This is probably the way we'd like to do it, seeing as how "Kvlt as Fvck" we are these days, having our only two albums completely out of print, and a third that you can't even buy yet. Like our steaks, we'd like them to be rare and cool.

We are, of course, interested in cooperating with the right party on this idea who knows their vinyl and who could help us put together a N-ice package, to die for. I'd love to see "Woods 3" on a two record vinyl package w/ full art, previously unreleased photos, exclusive liner notes, wooden box, etc... :)

We also considered doing something as huge and rediculous as a one time pressing of a vinyl box set (similar to the ultra rare Immortal or Satyricion ones) where we'd have the "Against the Seasons" and "Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth" remasters on vinyl as well as "Woods 3" on vinyl, to commemorate the first 5 years and 3 albums under the name Woods of Ypres, 2002-2007.

But seriously, who here would buy Woods on vinyl?

Once we have the cd's back in print.. I would love to do some vinyl!

It would be killer to go to the plant and hand mix some crazy vinyl like danzig did back in the 80's.

d_sgray.jpe

i only wouldnt buy it because my (dad's) record player has been broken ever since my cousin tried to "scratch" on it like 10 years ago :(

With most new releases I tend to buy the vinyl over the CD and sometimes if they announce they're going to release a vinyl copy I just wait for the vinyl to come out instead of buying the CD. If I like the album enough I tend to buy both so I don't have to transfer the vinyl or track down MP3's.

I bought the Agalloch vinyls as well as some other stuff straight from Profound Lore and they're a great people. Always quick to reply to e-mails, questions and really love what they do.

There's something more personal about vinyl and watching it spin. And for some reason I tend to treat vinyl with a lot more respect than I do CD's. Huge artwork is always cooler too!

With most new releases I tend to buy the vinyl over the CD and sometimes if they announce they're going to release a vinyl copy I just wait for the vinyl to come out instead of buying the CD. If I like the album enough I tend to buy both so I don't have to transfer the vinyl or track down MP3's.

I bought the Agalloch vinyls as well as some other stuff straight from Profound Lore and they're a great people. Always quick to reply to e-mails, questions and really love what they do.

There's something more personal about vinyl and watching it spin. And for some reason I tend to treat vinyl with a lot more respect than I do CD's. Huge artwork is always cooler too!

Yeah, Profound Lore is awesome. I was very lucky to get 2 copies of Pale Folklore on white/blue splatter vinyl limited to 100 copies and of course The Mantle on vinyl through them.

Yeah, Profound Lore is awesome. I was very lucky to get 2 copies of Pale Folklore on white/blue splatter vinyl limited to 100 copies and of course The Mantle on vinyl through them.

I was lucky enough to get the wood-box Pale Folklore from them:heh: .

But yes-- PL is a great purveyor of vinyl as well as a pretty excellent distro for some nice obscure black metal items....