Woohoo (A-level results)

Rusty

A-HAHAHA!
Sep 14, 2001
Nottingham
Well I say A-level, when technically I didn't do any, but it's virtually the same thing.

Dual-Award Vocational Certificate of Education in Information and Communication Technology = AB

AS-Level Chemistry = A

AS-Level Maths = C (eeevil exams)

(As-Levels are half an A-level if you didn't know)

I'm happy now. I can definitely go to uni.

:)

Right... off to get hammered.

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees
Coolness!

A-Levels are the end of school exams (the final ones before university)

"End of school" depends on where you go to do them, obviously. There are some places where you can stay on and do the A-levels at school, others you have to go to separate colleges (as I did), some are 6th-forms (which are connected to schools but usually a different building or site). But they are the ones before university. If you go straight through to do A-levels from school, you'd start at 16 and finish at 18 (you do them for 2 years).

You don't need A-levels to get into uni?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'll try to explain anyway...

In the olden days, you could only go to uni if you got A-levels. Now there is more choice, including vocational A-levels, BTECs, AS-Levels (which is a new thing, basically half an A-level). All of these things are compared and given standard values, so you can go to uni if you get a certain amount of points, wherever course you get the points from. It sounds complicated, at least when I try to explain it, but really it's simple.

I'll be having my final exams soon...

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine, pass with flying colours, and generally succeed. :D