Work related stuff

I went into my work purely by accident. I am a medical transcriptionist. It's not great achievement on the scale of things, but I like it. And being happy with what you do is more successful, imho, than making a lot of money.

Necro'd but I started the thread so fuck you.

Anyway, I started in my new position today as a customer service representative in the call center where I work. I'm basically a Draele of the insurance world now. I also mean that in the most endearing way possible ;)

My job can be fucking frustrating sometimes, mostly because people bitch at me during it for shit that other people do worse (neglecting my duties is a good one. I probably take less breaks than any of the other cooks). The people I work with are great, but one in particular makes the job harder.

He totally avoids anything remotely hard to do if he can get away with it. He volunteers to do certain parts of orders because they're the simplest and easiest parts. Often when he's very quick to say he's doing a certain part of an order it's because there's a more difficult part he's avoiding. I've developed this Pavlovian response of dread every time he volunteers to get part of an order.

I applied at another place that pays 10 an hour. I could be working during banquets (which I have experience with already), or be a waiter. Either way, I don't fucking care, because it's better pay than my job.

He totally avoids anything remotely hard to do if he can get away with it. He volunteers to do certain parts of orders because they're the simplest and easiest parts. Often when he's very quick to say he's doing a certain part of an order it's because there's a more difficult part he's avoiding. I've developed this Pavlovian response of dread every time he volunteers to get part of an order.

Welcome to life. It's the whole 'freeloader' thing that I'll never get. Some people are fine with doing the bare minimum. I'm never satisfied doing that unless it's in certain circumstances.

My job title is Marketing and Program Developer. It's pretty meaningless.

I work for a not-for-profit Canadian ebook digital service provider. We do things like digital distribution, book conversion to ebooks, marketing initiatives, and professional development. I started there as an intern a year ago and now I have moved from the more boring side of digital distribution/conversion to the much more interesting marketing and professional development side.

My day to day is split between helping publishers get their books promoted on Kobo, Amazon, etc. and putting on events, webinars, and writing tutorials on topics related to ebook production and marketing. I also am in charge of the social media and updating/maintaining our website.

I like my job, but I am not getting paid near-enough. As a result I've been actively looking for something else. I came close to working at Simon and Schuster doing digital marketing for them, but it didn't materialize. My current employer is also in danger of losing its funding (we're largely government funded) so I really should be spending more time looking for something else.

I also moonlight as a book designer. My current project is a scifi novel cover for both print and electronic editions.

I put in an application a few days ago for a job that pays $10.50 an hour and "has more hours than I'd want." It's working banquets. I've done similar stuff before. I honestly don't care how tough it is. The higher rate of pay is enough motivation.

It's not really physically taxing. It's more being out for hours at a time handing out snacks and drinks and barely having any time for anything like a conversation. I get bored easily, so I'd prefer a stimulating, stressful job to a boring, relaxed job.

Being a pharmacy technician is much busier than I had anticipated. It's a rush from the time that I get to the pharmacy until at least 15 minutes after I'm supposed to be off from work. It's satisfying work though I think because of the fact that it is mentally stimulating throughout the day. There's never a moment in which would be appropriate to enter the "mindless work" state, like there had always been at my previous jobs. Additionally, working at a pharmacy has been an eye opener for me. That is to say that has allowed for me to fully realize the horrors of the medical industrial complex. I feel terrible sometimes for being an FDA approved drug dealer who hands out narcotics to children who's parents of which would rather get their kids high instead of properly parenting them.

I'm still at sea working as an Integrated Rating onboard a BP oil tanker,we haul around 5 different kinds of fuel(avgas,diesel ect.)from Western Australia to Adelaide South Australia.I've been here for the past 8 weeks but am going home on wednesday for 6 or so weeks,I can't fucking wait.

I'm a Process Safety & Risk Engineer, I started working in this company early this year and have been a consultant for a variety of operating chemical processing, oil & gas and mining companies. I do things like dangerous goods licensing, environmental works approvals and safety audits, etc. for operational process plants and I also do hazard and operability reviews, design reviews, safety cases, quantitative risk assessments, consequence modelling and dispersion modelling for proposed and existing designs.

I've been working with Origin Energy Ltd, Woodside Energy Ltd lately and I was going to be seconded to BP subsea developments as a process engineer.

And I work too much...