Working with an ABR wannabe band, first mix...

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Sounding quite awesome so far. The guitars are too hard edited IMO, and the mix is far too try.

Yeah, was either too anal or not anal enough in the tracking, pretty tight schedule so we had to cheat our way through it and not worry too too much about it sounding 100% natural, I think it's okay but you're right that it certainly doesn't sound like a band playing a song :erk:

Did you mean dry? That's something I hear often, need to work on exciting things up a bit more I guess!

Yeah, was either too anal or not anal enough in the tracking, pretty tight schedule so we had to cheat our way through it and not worry too too much about it sounding 100% natural, I think it's okay but you're right that it certainly doesn't sound like a band playing a song :erk:

Did you mean dry? That's something I hear often, need to work on exciting things up a bit more I guess!

Yessir, epic spelling phale on my part.

The guitars still sound good man, so don't fret. If you get a juicier guitar tone, it will help out with things, and possibly getting the bass up will help too.

This sounds really great! I just think it needs a bit more ambiance. Like when those really big screams be able to hear a bit of verb tail or delay, get some vibe going on, generally getting some depth on certain elements. Technically speaking the mix sounds really good though!

Man, this would be an insanely sick track of the guitars just had like .03% more juice/gain. Nonetheless, awesome mix man!

2nd mix ia WAY better, I'm assuming the drums were programmed as the cymbal consistency doesn't change much, if so i'd turn it down a wee bit more in the mix so it doesn't stand out as much, other than that the kick & guitars are blended at a great level! 8 of 10 in my book!

Drums are real actually but replaced, cymbals and room are still there, no programming!

Thanks for the kind words everyone, doing a full length with this band later this year so looking forward to have the time to get some great drum sounds and more than 2 hours to mix it, haha...