World Exclusive! Scott Ian Talks About Dan Nelson’s Departure! w/Metal Hammer

Well I am majorly dissed that things didn't work out with Dan. I am a big fan of the direction Anthrax was going with him, but if things cannot work out then like most I'm really hoping Bush will stay permanently.

Interesting. Well, in their defense, you never how it's going to work out with somebody you don't know and who doesn't have the 25+ years of experience in the music industry.

John Bush has all the advantage right now. Without him, Anthrax probably doesn't have a future. You know he's thinking, Look who comes crawling back.

Wow, this habanero mustard hot sauce was the perfect compliment to my egg sandwich. Anyway, Scott does speak in a very intelligible manner, which makes it easier for me to hold onto his words. These guys have yet to lead me astray. Well, the reunion thing, but at least I got to hear "A.D.I./Horror Of It All" live. I will continue to support them, no matter what. Well, as long as Whitfield Crane stays out of it!

If John Bush comes back, all that needs to happen is for Max and Iggor to return to Sepultura and I can die a happy bi-pedal homonid.

Will beg John to come back...like I noted in an earlier post. I am torn by the idea. I think John deserved better than to have to have gone through that farce of a "reunion" tour back in the day, and to have Scott & Charlie treat him like they did. I think he probably won't come back. But if he does, I will be onboard. Just not sure if he should, or if it would be a good idea for John. I am looking forward to new Saint. Should be interesting around here in the next couple of months!:OMG:

John Bush returning permantently would be just the coolest thing.

If you'd said at the beginning of the year that this summer I'd get to see an Anthrax gig with John Bush on vocals, and on the same bill would be an Abba tribute band I never would have beleived you :)

Wow, this habanero mustard hot sauce was the perfect compliment to my egg sandwich. Anyway, Scott does speak in a very intelligible manner, which makes it easier for me to hold onto his words. These guys have yet to lead me astray. Well, the reunion thing, but at least I got to hear "A.D.I./Horror Of It All" live. I will continue to support them, no matter what. Well, as long as Whitfield Crane stays out of it!

If John Bush comes back, all that needs to happen is for Max and Iggor to return to Sepultura and I can die a happy bi-pedal homonid.

You also waiting for Chris to rejoin Cannibal Corpse and Dave Elfson to Megadeth? I doubt Sepultura ever returns to the old lineup, no reason to really. Anthrax is like Van Halen when it comes to vocalists....got damn!!

Lomenzo rules, no need for Ellefson to come back to Megadeth!

Anyway, I really really hope John comes back to the band for more than just this one-off gig. It would definatly be the coolest thing ever for this band.

However, I also think it's no coincidence that Armored Saint happened to release a DEMO (who does that?) on the same day that Anthrax announced that John was doing a one-off show. To tell people "John's in this band, actively working on an album."

You also waiting for Chris to rejoin Cannibal Corpse and Dave Elfson to Megadeth? I doubt Sepultura ever returns to the old lineup, no reason to really. Anthrax is like Van Halen when it comes to vocalists....got damn!!

Nah. Cannibal Corpse is better with Corpsegrinder. I met them on Record Store Day. Great guys! No, I'm waiting for Dave to return to Metallica. Kidding. I only really got into Rust In Peace and Countdown To Extinction.

But, Sepultura! How does one handle one of your favorite vocalists being replaced by someone who turns out to have, in your opinion, one of the worst voices in metal? (John Bush and Max Cavalera are my two all-time favorites) I learned to speak Portuguese because of them, as they have turned me onto a different culture. Igor invented a new style of drumming. He's the reason I play drums. Either way, I should shut my ass up and be grateful for the Cavalera Conspiracy.

The Anthrax to Van Halen comparison is dead-on. Really, what other bands can you have different eras defined by who is singing? Other than Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond. Wait...

So Scott is still pulling his same old shit? Heh. Surprise surprise.

I like John Bush's voice, but I'd rather he stick with Armored Saint. It's really nice that he's doing these shows and all, but rejoining a band that mistreated you isn't a very good thing to do. And Armored Saint are awesome anyways.

Will beg John to come back...like I noted in an earlier post. I am torn by the idea. I think John deserved better than to have to have gone through that farce of a "reunion" tour back in the day, and to have Scott & Charlie treat him like they did. I think he probably won't come back. But if he does, I will be onboard. Just not sure if he should, or if it would be a good idea for John. I am looking forward to new Saint. Should be interesting around here in the next couple of months!:OMG:

we seem to forget that bush himself chose not to continue with anthrax,why do people keep saying bush got screwed?

we seem to forget that bush himself chose not to continue with anthrax,why do people keep saying bush got screwed?

Maybe because Bush was in the band, and Scott said he was born to sing for Anthrax which is why they wanted to do GOTE with Bush.

Because Belladonna sucked according to Scott, couldn't sing in tune, was a nightmare to work with, Bush was the best, totally ruled etc.

How d'you think Bush felt when they asked Joey back for a tour with all the interviews that went along with that about how cool Joey suddenly was again?

THAT'S how Bush got screwed. Yeah he left on his own - so would ANYONE after being fucked over like that by their band members.
Anyone that can't see it is blind or cutting Scott a lot of slack he doesn't deserve.

That GOTE shit wasn't just about Bush, it was about the fans. They wanted Bush to sing the old songs because he was the best singer, they said, just so we'd buy it.
Once it was done, and we, the fans, bought it, they decided Bush WASN'T the best singer after all, Joey was, and expected us to buy the live album with Joey.

Fucking bullshit, the whole thing stinks. As much as I love Bush with Thrax, I hope he tells them to go fuck themselves, he didn't deserve that crap.

Maybe because Bush was in the band, and Scott said he was born to sing for Anthrax which is why they wanted to do GOTE with Bush.

Because Belladonna sucked according to Scott, couldn't sing in tune, was a nightmare to work with, Bush was the best, totally ruled etc.

How d'you think Bush felt when they asked Joey back for a tour with all the interviews that went along with that about how cool Joey suddenly was again?

THAT'S how Bush got screwed.

Scott pulled that shit with every single one of their singers, really. When Belladonna was first in the band, all of a sudden, Neil Turbin sucked and Belladonna was perfect. He screwed all of their singers in one way or another. And I agree with your last statement, John really should just tell Scott and Charlie to gtfo. This band doesn't really deserve saving after all the dick-ish things they've done. They've had way too many chances.