Worst Band Names

I'm no medical expert but from what I read their name is a collection of medical terms. Not sure if they are medical terms that actually go together or if they have just put them together to make a ridiculous name.

Im experienced enough in medical and biological terminology to single out most of the prefixes and suffixes and shit, and it works out to be some fungal infection, coupled with anus/rectal inflammation and a condition of a malignant tumor in the mucous membranes or something. Sounds pretty uncreative and bullshit. They could have at least come up with something that made a bit more sense.

Australia had:
The Fuck Fucks and
The Hard Ons.

The Fuck Fucks were more satirical and played all sorts of music but the Hard Ons were punk, they put on some killer shows and had equally ridiculous album titles in their repertoire

Heh, The Hard Ons isnt a half bad name for a punk band. Hopefully some hardcore type shit.

Didn't know that. I wasn't aware of the fact that you call cops as pigs. Now it makes more sense, but it sounds a bit immature to me. Is it derogatory like in Polish that we call cops as psy (dogs)?

Probably the same concept. It is used among cops if you want to end up in handcuffs, and is also used in such stories such as "that fucking pig gave me a ticket for going 5 over in a school zone", or "when I refused to comply with the asshole, the damn pig handcuffed me and violently shoved my face into the ground, while the other pig broke my leg with a nightstick".

Im experienced enough in medical and biological terminology to single out most of the prefixes and suffixes and shit, and it works out to be some fungal infection, coupled with anus/rectal inflammation and a condition of a malignant tumor in the mucous membranes or something. Sounds pretty uncreative and bullshit. They could have at least come up with something that made a bit more sense.

I did read a comment that said something similar to that, you've just confirmed it. :)

Heh, The Hard Ons isnt a half bad name for a punk band. Hopefully some hardcore type shit.

They did play some good punk, their live shows where some of the most intensive I have ever seen. They were a good band in their day

I've recently listened to a band called Harakiri for the Sky, and I must admit that's a pretty dumb name. I don't like it at all.

Australia had:
The Fuck Fucks and
The Hard Ons.

The Fuck Fucks were more satirical and played all sorts of music but the Hard Ons were punk, they put on some killer shows and had equally ridiculous album titles in their repertoire
The Hard Ons are the only band I ever tried to stage dive to. Hurt my knee and never tried again.

I went to a punk gig around here a couple of years ago and the bill was

Cuntz
Bits of Shit
Batpiss

Just lovely.

Reactions: Slammed
Witchrist

There is -- or was -- an Italian black metal band called Art Inferno, which ranks up there.

I always thought Dawn was a silly name for extreme metal, black or otherwise.

The Norwegian black metal band Hat, which, yes I get it, not an English word, but it looks ridiculous and makes me think of the "Free Hat" South Park episode. (I see they've changed their name to Dodsritual.)

The winner however will always be Old Man's Child. It just doesn't work in any way.

The worst band name trend without a doubt was the metalcore trend in the 00’s. August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Suicide Silence, Between the Buried & Me, Bring Me the Horizon, Every Time I Die, I Killed the Prom Queen, The Autumn Leaves Remind Me Of That Guy That Died Over There, etc

The worst band name trend without a doubt was the metalcore trend in the 00’s. August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Suicide Silence, Between the Buried & Me, Bring Me the Horizon, Every Time I Die, I Killed the Prom Queen, The Autumn Leaves Remind Me Of That Guy That Died Over There, etc

Yeah, Parkway Drive, Bleeding Through, All That Remains, Protest the Hero, and Five Finger Death Punch (the shittest one obviously) all fucking suck. Metalcore bands have the worst band names ever.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
There's also a German deathcore band called We Butter the Bread with Butter :tickled:. That's the next level of preposterousness, I guess.

Emo bands are low hanging fruit but there's one called The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die.

Years ago there was a local band called Package.