Worst Band Names

I'm gonna go ahead and say pretty much every brutal/slam band. I can't distinctly remember the names because they're all so generic, they just kinda rearrange a couple different words. Shit like Vomit Remnants, Cephalic Impurity, Cerebral Effusion, Rest In Gore, Gory Delivery, Gory Blister, Goretrade, Gortuary, Gorement, Goratory, Gorevent, Gorepoflesh, I mean jesus fucking christ how can you remember which band is which when they have such meaningless names with identical logos?

You remember Gorepoflesh because the name is stupid, and because the band ruined your speakers.

Last edited:
Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis

And who could forget their classic albums:
Satyriasis and Nymphomania
and
Aromatica germenexcitación en orgías de viscosa y amarga putrefacción

And there is the band who has reportedly got the worlds longest name

Eximperituserqethhzebibsiptugakkathsulweliarzaxulum

And of course they had the classic album
Prajecyrujučy Sinhuliarnaje Wypramieńwańnie Daktryny Absaliutnaha J Usiopahłynaĺnaha Zła Skroź Šaścihrannuju Pryzmu Sîn-Ahhī-Erība Na Hipierpawierchniu Zadyjakaĺnaha Kaŭčęha Zasnawaĺnikaŭ Kosmatęchničnaha Ordęna Palieakantakta, Najstaražytnyja Ipastasi Dawosiewych Cywilizacyj Prywodziać U Ruch Ręzanansny Transfarmatar Časowapadobnaj Biaskoncaści Budučyni U Ćwiardyniach Absierwatoryi Nwn-Hu-Kek-Amon, Uwasabliajučy Ŭ Ęfirnuju Matęryju Prach Ałulima Na Zachad Ad Ękzapłaniety PSRB 1620-26b

Reactions: Onder
Howdilly Doodily, Shpongle...Oingo Boingo, Kajagoogoo....I was in a deathcore band once called “The Doodletown Pipers”, we were eating lots of shrooms back then...yikes.

Reactions: Bloopy
It means 'Grave from Snagov', Snagov being a locality where Vlad Ţepeş (voivod who inspired Dracula stories) was killed in battle and believed to be buried.

Huh, now I know what voivod actually means. Thought it was just gibberish.

Reactions: Onder
Mumincunt is the worst band name I've heard of lately.
3540408944_logo.jpg

I just call them Parawhatever.

I'm no medical expert but from what I read their name is a collection of medical terms. Not sure if they are medical terms that actually go together or if they have just put them together to make a ridiculous name.

Flotsam and Jetsam is a poor name, especially when compared to other thrash bands of the time period. Diamond Plate also comes to mind.

Reactions: -CC-
Pink Cream 69

Fairyland

Two of the bands I would have listed. Others include (but have since become some favs of mine!):

• The Poodles
  • Sword (I can't tell you how many times I passed up the Metalized cassette in the music store aisles back in the day, due to how over the top the name and album cover looked, I thought for sure it would suck).
  • Hammerfall
  • Gamma Ray
  • Giant
  • Hericane Alice
  • Manimal
Man I could go on... Love all those bands though \m/

Shah (the russian band) always thought it sounds like cat food
Hexx - never understood the meaning of it and it sounds stupid
Municipal Waste - aweful
Amon Amarth - no words...

What's wrong with Amon Amarth?

Pig Destroyer is also a funny one :tickled:.

Pig Destroyer makes a lot more sense when you realize that the "pig" they are referring to is the slang for cop. Not sure if you were aware of that, being as English is a second language to you iirc.

In retrospect Isis has become a pretty bad band name.

Australia had:
The Fuck Fucks and
The Hard Ons.

The Fuck Fucks were more satirical and played all sorts of music but the Hard Ons were punk, they put on some killer shows and had equally ridiculous album titles in their repertoire

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Pig Destroyer makes a lot more sense when you realize that the "pig" they are referring to is the slang for cop. Not sure if you were aware of that, being as English is a second language to you iirc.

In retrospect Isis has become a pretty bad band name.

Didn't know that. I wasn't aware of the fact that you call cops as pigs. Now it makes more sense, but it sounds a bit immature to me. Is it derogatory like in Polish that we call cops as psy (dogs)?