Worst IF vocals

Worst IF Vocals?

• Total voters
SunlapseVertigo said:
I hate the vocals on Lunar Strain.... and Jester Race is pretty bad. Funny.... I seem to be the only one to like anders on Colony/Clayman/and yes, R2R....

Should I take this seriously?

Ok, don't kill me, but what is so wrong with RTR's vocals?

It kind of makes me sick...because it seems like its the ever popular trend to 'hate your band'. In Flames, Shadows Fall, Metallica, Opeth, etc. Practically every band i listen to, i can hardly think of a band that isn't getting bashed by its own fans. I just don't get it, it seems like these bands are held to impossible standards and even when they put out good material, some people are bent on hating them..

Steve420 said:
Should I take this seriously?

Yeah you should, well out of those three I do think that RTR is the worst vocals.... But the best IF vocals are found on their best album, Colony! No contest....

I dunno about TJR's vocals.... they sound a little to silly to me. It sounds like hes gonna die from lack of air after everything he says and he is just getting one little breath after every sentence.

I'm here from the future to say that the above is all wrong.

I'm no fan of Anders's performance on A Sense of Purpose, and I don't think he's that much better on Sounds of a Playground Fading. But nothing could be worse than Henke Forss. Not even Anders's Koln performance in 1996.

Like, come on. 2:42 in this song. Speaks for itself.

I really dislike Henke, so my vote goes to (against) him.
That’s really sad to me, Steve. Henke was awesome.

I loved the vocals on Clayman, but I didn't really like Colony. TTS wasn't that great, but RTR is something new, and it's intersting, although I think the TJR/Whoracle era was best.
Right and Wrong. TJR/Whoracle has best vocals. But, Anders’ voice is so blown out on Clayman he’s barely got anything left. Colony was definitely better than Clayman vocals.

How new is Jonathan Davis? I hope you enjoyed STYE, son.

But nothing could be worse than Henke Forss. Not even Anders's Koln performance in 1996.

Like, come on. 2:42 in this song. Speaks for itself.
I really disagree. Henke’s vocals are awesome and showed a lot of emotion and brutality. And that scream at 2:42 is amazing.

I really disagree. Henke’s vocals are awesome and showed a lot of emotion and brutality. And that scream at 2:42 is amazing.

Fair enough! He does have a desperate quality to his vocals that I think fit with his lyrics. It's just that I can feel my own throat being torn apart when listening to him.

I don't mind Forss' vocals on Subterranean, in fact I think they fit really well, but it doesn't sound like an In Flames album in the slightest. More like melodic goth metal with vampire erotica lyrics. If that's your thing then cool, but other than Stand Ablaze and Timeless I've never found Subterranean that interesting.