Worst live sound/gig you have ever experienced?

i saw bullet for my valentine in august and you couldnt hear the toms or snare at all. everything else was amazing.
but no snare or toms... was super disappointing. :(

Also Velvet Revolver the 2 times I saw them had some terrible sound. I thought that was surprising considering who they are. Even the people I was with noticed it.

you really can't judge a live mix from a youtube video. way too many of the built in mics on cameras get overloaded and just sound like FURPPPPPPPP no matter how good or bad the mix was

the guitars come through pretty good on this dudes video actually, when you were there you couldn't hear a fucking thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a show that my band played, and the band after us INSISTED that I use their rig.. It was a mesa head through a line 6 cab.

Worst experience of my life.. That's why I absolutely hate Mesa amps for live use..

Love the cabs though.

By FAR my worst (really only crap gig I've been in) was Cradle Of Filth.

Some son of his bitch mother pulled on my hair so hard I really though I was gonna lose the scalp. Or perhaps it was just how tight people were in there.
Went with a leather full coat and passed out (literally) during the opening acts. Had to crawl to a side and breathe lying on the ground.
One of the MANY OA was this metalcorish band. Everyone insulted them and the singer ended up showing the finger and the bass player spitting to the crowd.
Then this Dani guy cheers in between songs ''C'mon, this is not a Christina Aguilera concert!'' What the fuck.

Later on I found out the band did not want to perform because of the lame acoustics of the venue, and the organizer practically had to force them with the contract.
Also, I missed Behemoth the week before to go and see this.

I waited for Megadeth - Rust in peace with too much emotion. Don`t know why, but this year (2010) the sound here in Argentina was something shitty. How was it in the rest of the tour ?

Scottxx said:
I waited for Megadeth - Rust in peace with too much emotion. Don`t know why, but this year (2010) the sound here in Argentina was something shitty. How was it in the rest of the tour ?

I saw them in Spain at Sonisphere (still Rust in Peace tour, but they played a more normal set cause it was a festival, no Polaris) and the sound was killer. From what I heard from friends, in Venezuela it was pretty good

The worst livesound I ever witnessed was Bolt Thrower in Munich... must have been around 1998/1999... the engineer tried to give the band their signature sound and he did a good job in doing that: No mids, cranked up highs and volume up until the LED doesn't move anymore - thank you for making me deaf, mister...

I played a show once where during soundcheck I asked the soundguy point blank if he could make our drummers snare sound more like a snare drum and less like a kitchen worktop. He blamed it on a master graphic EQ he wasn't allowed to change but he was boosting frequancies all over the shop on just about every channel....

At another show I had to sit and cringe as I listened to the soundguy running parametric filter boost sweeps on all the drum tracks....

The first lesson every live soundguy should learn is: Always cut on the EQ, boost only when unavoidable. And don't compress anything until you're damn sure you need to.