Worst plugin you've ever used?

Antares throat and the whole vocal toolkit
THROAT-sm.jpg

DigirackEqII.gif

I can honestly say I haven't come across a plug that I think, mannnn that sucks!!

+1 to east west (sounds good but extremely unreliable) and crysonic stuff (never found any application for them, everytime i tried, they made it sound worse)

some of the no-brainer stuff was actually quite bad,
XILS 3 sucks, fruity stock synths piss all over it
glad i didn't buy the antares vocal throat thingy

In this whole post, there was nothing that would justify calling the whole plugin shit - except for the last part, which struck me. What EW product were you using? They get a lot of shit, but seldom because of the actual sounds.

IMO, the way a company deals with their product plays an equally important role as the actual product itself.

HAving said that we had FAB FOUR/SD2/GIPSY/MINISTRY OF ROCK, and all of them had subpar sounds. Especially when you're paying 300-500 dollars and you get a sample library that has about 3-6 layers per sound it's really just a shitty product.

Fab Four in particular was a joke. The drums sounded awful and nothing like the beatles (which it was supposed to be modeled), the guitars sounds like an old JD 880, and the only usable thing was the bass. However as I said there's not enough layers to make it in anyway as useful as Trilogy (which came out like..3 years earlier?)

Ermz,

I still prefer either DUY's stuff or Mcdsp's AC1/AC2

HAving said that we had FAB FOUR/SD2/GIPSY/MINISTRY OF ROCK, and all of them had subpar sounds. Especially when you're paying 300-500 dollars and you get a sample library that has about 3-6 layers per sound it's really just a shitty product.

I've always found them to be pretty bad at rock (except their rock basses, which are OK) but they're fantastic at ethnic and orchestra stuff. I'd be screwed without Symphonic Orchestra and Ra - I use one or both of them on 99% of the stuff I do.

I've always found them to be pretty bad at rock (except their rock basses, which are OK) but they're fantastic at ethnic and orchestra stuff. I'd be screwed without Symphonic Orchestra and Ra - I use one or both of them on 99% of the stuff I do.

I agree. Symphonic Orchestra Platinum is awesome, especially with the three mic positions. And Ra is pretty awesome, too. I enjoy Stormdrum 2 for some bombastic stuff which seems to be littering soundtracks scores recently.

IMO, the way a company deals with their product plays an equally important role as the actual product itself.

Fab Four in particular was a joke. The drums sounded awful and nothing like the beatles (which it was supposed to be modeled), the guitars sounds like an old JD 880, and the only usable thing was the bass. However as I said there's not enough layers to make it in anyway as useful as Trilogy (which came out like..3 years earlier?)

You're right, East West definitely isn't delivering at the moment. Play 2 didn't help with the worst of my problems.

That said, Fab Four and Ministry of Rock are just the kind of plugins that YOU JUST KNOW are fucking crap :lol: I didn't realize anyone would actually buy them. But Gypsy, seriously? From the videos I've seen, it contains hands down the most realistic virtual violin I've EVER HEARD. I'd love to have it just for the violin. For other stuff, it's kind of exotic, don't you think?

I own Symphonic Orchestra Silver and Symphonic Choirs, and some sounds are so beautiful anything you throw at them sounds fantastic :D what I don't understand though, is why Symphonic Choirs doesn't have a realistic portamento for the solo vocalists, fucking Sampletank 2 has that on a soprano voice that came with the latest deal with the add-on packs.

You're right, East West definitely isn't delivering at the moment. Play 2 didn't help with the worst of my problems.

That said, Fab Four and Ministry of Rock are just the kind of plugins that YOU JUST KNOW are fucking crap :lol: I didn't realize anyone would actually buy them. But Gypsy, seriously? From the videos I've seen, it contains hands down the most realistic virtual violin I've EVER HEARD. I'd love to have it just for the violin. For other stuff, it's kind of exotic, don't you think?

I own Symphonic Orchestra Silver and Symphonic Choirs, and some sounds are so beautiful anything you throw at them sounds fantastic :D what I don't understand though, is why Symphonic Choirs doesn't have a realistic portamento for the solo vocalists, fucking Sampletank 2 has that on a soprano voice that came with the latest deal with the add-on packs.

Hahahah too true. I wasn't the one paying, I was merely the tech that had to make it work hahaha.

Gypsy I really didn't like at all. maybe I havn't been around enough violins in my life, cause I thought that shit was awful.

Shame... It's mostly intended for TV and film work though, as its name suggests, as for what kind of stuff it would suit best on :) but I always imagined it would sound great with some orchestral stuff, in fact, I've thought about buying it at times but luckily I've always realized there are more important things to buy than that :D

oh! i nearly forgot!
bombbf76_350.jpg

Sounds/reacts nothing like an 1176, hardly sounds like a compressor either,
Horrible
kill it til it dies from it