worst releases you own by bands you like.....

Megadeth - Risk

Opeth - Heritage

Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity

And what the hell at Bob. WFG is good but Pagan Altar is crap?

The dude likes DoomSword, but NOT Manilla Road and Candlemass.

I will never understand what doom or doom tinged bands Bob is willing to accept VS the ones he doesn't. Makes very little sense to me.

I can certainly not argue why he wouldn't be able to get into Vitus or Electric Wizard, but the vast amount of epic doom bands are right up his alley and he doesn't even know it.

His loss.............

A Matter of Life and Death is a top 5 Maiden album to this guy.

Wow, that's quite a statement I must say.......

I like the album for what it is...

You apparently did NOT have to sit through this album in its entirety live.

Only Iron Maiden show that didn't blow me away.

Amorphis - Far from the Sun (Blind purchase at a local record store. Sold it back after one listen. I should never even bother with anything Amorphis after their first full-length)
Cirith Ungol - Paradise Lost (Original press actually, but this record is boring. Not horrible, just nothing when you have the other three albums to listen to alongside it)
Summoning - Lurgburz (Still a good album, but like Paradise Lost I just never feel the need to listen to it)

Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera - For some reason I cannot get into this album.

Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die have some of my favorite Sabbath songs! Air Dance and You Won't Change Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkl5tc3CE4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR7hA2vAL6o

I sort of like that BG, but it is one of their weakest. I'd say their worst is "A Twist in the Myth".

I think the problem with those Sabbath albums is much the same problem I have with Pink Bubbles Go Ape. Those albums just don't sound like the the same band and are more rock albums than metal albums. They could be good by any other band but for Sabbath or Helloween respectively, they're bad albums.

HEY! I like Rocka Rolla. A lot, actually. It's a really good '70s hard rock album. It's not metal by any stretch and it barely qualifies as a Priest album, but I dig that sound.

Yeah, I love this album too. I'm sorta surprised Jason doesn't like it as he likes a lot of 70s hard rock, which is what it is.

Yeah, I love this album too. I'm sorta surprised Jason doesn't like it as he likes a lot of 70s hard rock, which is what it is.

In all fairness, Rocka Rolla was one of the first tapes I had as a kid.
It was always in the cutout bin, as that one obviously was never a top seller in the States. I never revisited it since then to be honest.

It certainly never appealed to young Jasonic in the mid 80s.

With so much in their catalog that is amazing, I never really felt compelled to go back and repurchase it.

You know what the worst Blind Guardian album is?

NONE OF THEM

See, Blind Guardian and Rhapsody are two bands for me where I listen to the songs I like from them on shuffle more than I do complete albums. Don't know why, but I always have trouble listening to albums straight through by these two. And I doubt its an attention span thing, as I have no issues listening to a lot of doom straight through...........