Worst song poll part 3

What is the weakest song on Blackwater Park?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Overall, Nasty, you can't rank them linearly, imo. Like, I would probably listen to Drapery more than Dirge if all music required the exact same mood, but the fact is, with Opeth, sometimes you'll have a taste for metal, and sometimes a taste for softened beauty. When I want something mellow and beautiful I'm obviously going to listen to Harvest and Dirge over Drapery. And when I want metal, I'd listen to Drapery over Harvest or Dirge, but even Drapery doesn't get much attention because I consider the other 4 metal tracks on BWP to be superior. Thus, I voted Drapery, because even when I'm more prone towards metal, it fails to get attention. Same with Godheads in the Still Life poll. For metal I'd obviously find it superior to Benighted, but also for my metal mood, the album has 4 better songs (again)...so it gets very little playtime.

On Harvest, it has a beautiful chorus and possibly my favorite clean channel Akerfeldt solo period so...ya it doesn't need 10 minutes of length to be awesome. If you think so, then I guess we already know what you're voting out on Ghost Reveries and Watershed (though Coil kinda fails by Opeth standards anyway so you're forgiven)

Wow...Dirge for November is one of my favorite off of BWP, i'm surprised its getting very negative responses.

I voted for harvest, song just bores me.

Harvest.

Dirge for November is too beautiful. Don't vote for it. Darkest song in a while (Wreath is part of my "darkest Opeth songs list").

Oh wait! I need to justify Harvest. Hmm I don't know... it's a great balad, but too repetitive. I would class it with Burden and Benighted. Great songs, but they don't get my attention enough. Again, there is that "cliche" structure that bothers me. Suprised of the few amount for it, I guess everyone voted for Dirge or Funeral instead.

This thread = accident?[/QUOTE]

What are you retarded?

He means Train Accident :loco:

@Lateralus14 : Hmm I don't care about length anyway. And I think the major difference between Harvest and Dirge is the emotion vehiculed. But again, I will never say "one song is better/worst than another" because to me, it may change everyday. But like I said, this is what I feel right now. Harvest is still a great song. I'd put Blackwater Park second and be cursed, also.

But I don't get your reply.. I never said it was possible to rank them linearly. Anyway.

@{-sabop-} :
:lol: I thought about it hehe.

I too originally hated Dirge because of the intro, but I have since changed my mind. It's beautiful, the whole song is magnificent. So heavy, yet melacholy, not aggresive. Love it. Probably my favorite song when I need some heaviness.
I voted Funeral because I feel it drags to the end, and then I don't like the vocals so much.