Worst. Thread. EVER.

bloodfiredeath said:
History shmistory. There were better British bands from the 60s... :)
fyi my 'caring' post is not directed at you inparticular. I want to see some bloodshed in this argument and people not caring will detract from it -_-

Ayeka said:
If I create a new form of music by recording myself throwing televisions out of windows while shouting Welsh, I may have pioneered something but that don't mean I'm any good :loco:
Awesome. :lol:

Oh wow, that just took for the worse. I'm not going to mention the fact that the Beatles openly admitted to not even knowing how to read music.

That thread is gay and lying. :tickled: Seriously though, regardless of your thoughts on The Beatles, people are saying shit like, "If you want emotion, you must listen to Opeth".

NAD said:
I'm not going to mention the fact that the Beatles openly admitted to not even knowing how to read music.
Is that true? Is it possible to know music theory inside out without knowing how to read music? Even if that were the case, it just makes their compositions even more astounding IMO.

People have to separate songs like "She Loves You" and "Love Me Do", with songs like "Long and Winding Road" or "Eleanor Rigby". Regardless of anyone's thoughts of The Beatles, very few bands progressed as quickly as they did. It was one album per year, and every 12 months it was a radical departure from the last.

Eh, doesn't even warrant debate.

It's what I've heard anyhow, I guess Lennon said "we can't even read music" once or something. Maybe he was being sarcastic, or maybe my mind is just making up stories to entertain myself, I dunno.

Nice signature by the way. :dopey:

I like The Beatles. I wouldn't buy anything from them, but they're not as bad as the "cool kids" in that thread say they are.

And I guess it was inevitable for someone to bring Opeth into the argument. The irony is, that guy is claiming The Beatles are overrated in the same sentence that he's proclaiming metal's most overrated band has emotion in every song. :lol:

Whatever, kid.

NAD said:
That site is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Pretty funny though.

Did anyone ever see the trial of Judas Priest when they were accused of putting subliminal messages into their songs? Rob Halford was brilliant. He made the prosecution look like such imbeciles by remaining calm and collected on the stand, and when asked what he thought the words sounded like when playing one of their tracks backwards, he thought it sounded "something like 'I've got some nice furniture'", and not "kill youself for sure" as the lawyers were trying to show.

Needless to say, the judge and jury shook their heads and everyone went home. What a complete and utter waste - the fact that it even went to trial is a joke.

JayKeeley said:
Is it possible to know music theory inside out without knowing how to read music?
yes, if you learned theory on a guitar tablature style instead of the actual notes. seems unlikely back then though, as im asuming 'tab' is a relatively new invention? either way, its possible.
-neal

Holy shit! That thread just made me laugh..I have tears coming out.

For a bunch of loony Christians that is the most unchristian comments I have read. They think ALL africans beat their drums to the tune of the Devil :) , the homesexual references make me piss myself in laughter and to talk about Germany as the Home of Hitler and the Nazi's just killed me.

Baptism by Fire :)

ChiefB said:
Holy shit! That thread just made me laugh..I have tears coming out.

For a bunch of loony Christians that is the most unchristian comments I have read. They think ALL africans beat their drums to the tune of the Devil :) , the homesexual references make me piss myself in laughter and to talk about Germany as the Home of Hitler and the Nazi's just killed me.

Baptism by Fire :)
All that is in The Beatles thread????