Niacin
Magnitude 9
Poverty's No Crime
Majestic
Shadow Gallery
Spiral Architec
The Gathering

Cheers.

Soundscape- baffles me how unknown this band is/was amongst Prog rock/Metal fans. The frontman Rob Volpintesta released 2 Rock Operas "America The Beautiful" (a Jesus Christ Superstar like 2CD release about the death of Marilyn Monroe) and "Ilago" a tale told about the background/role of the Shakespere Character Othello's brother. They also released a 25 minute EP "Man And Machine" that is like synthesizer masturbation at its best. Played at ProgDay'98

Nexus- Great heavy progrock band from Argentina with alto female vox in Spanish with a Genesis influence. played at NEARFEST'2000

Superior- Heavy Progressive Metal band from Germany. They capture force with Prog in a BIG way. Their 2nd album "Younique" even has some world and Jazz influence, as well as a guest spot from Andre Matos (formerly of Angra). They played at ProgPower USA 2.0 last Nov. Their new album "Ultima Ratio" has gottne very good early reviews.

King's X- touring with DT, and Doug sang on LITS. I hear some of Ted vox as similar to Doug's.

Metropolis- Maybe the best non-clone DT influenced band I've ever heard that died out long before they had a chance. "Behind Mysterious Walls" has some original material but the prod quality and lenght (35 min) may have contributed to the bands fate.

Without Warning- Another heavy ProgMetal band who no 1 ever heard about b/c of lack of "word-ofmouth". they sounded like a mixture of Metallica and Yes. the vox were a bit like Ted's, but a little rougher and deeper on the edges. The keys were not as front driven, but still contributed in a good way. They have 3 albums out, the 2nd "Believe" John Petrucci is credited with creative input. I may be mistaken, but they either played a festival, or toured Europe opening for Symphony X in the late 90's.

anyone liking Enchant would probably like Rush, Maximum Indifference is another band, their debut album are jam-packed with intrumentals ala Rush, it so happens they also have a another album out which sounds heavier, Soundscape like MNprogger mentions is also a band that most Enchanters will love, Cathedral (not the english doom metal band) on the Kinesis record label is probably the only other band that comes close to the style of Enchant, they've have long disbanded but Kingdom Of Ends and There In The Shadows (TITS ;-) are superb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another thing, although i think many of the bands mentioned above fail to come even close to the music style of Enchant, i don't see how anyone could mention Magellan ! their styles of music are way too different !!!