Would Anyone Like To

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
take a wild guess and try and figure out which classic NWOBHM band is getting ready to reform pretty soon. This isn't just a rumour, it's 99.99% definite. I've seen them a few times and they were brilliant live and am pretty excited at the thought of seeing them again. Might have to head down south to see them but what the hell, I'm up for it!!!!

Finally!!! The return of 'Samson' with bruce dicko on vocals? lmfgdao! cant be any worse than recent maiden though!!

Nope, i dunno, i tend not to be stuck in the nwobhm past like certain ('princess') people ('of the') seem ('night') to be :p

Nope it's not Grim Reaper nor Samson but it would have been brilliant to see Samson again - I saw them twice, absolutely brilliant. I remember reading that he died. I'll give youse 5 more guesses and then I will tell you. Bet the suspense is all but killing youse!!!!!!

Paxoman said:
Trespass.

I was only listening to Trespass about an hour ago. I totally love Stormchild and One of These Days. I never did see Trespass but no it's not them.

LOL Spider, another blast from my past. They weren't that bad, I saw them as well, I used to think they were ok.

Ok ok I'll put you all out of your misery its VARDIS. Awesome or what, how amazing is 100mph. When I have more information I will let you know but its definitely happening. Nice one eh?????

Paxoman said:
the original Tank

Can I just say you have supreme taste in music Paxoman. One of my favourite concerts ever was when I was 3 bands play thru in Edinburgh - on the bill that night were TANK, GIRLSCHOOL and ANGEL WITCH. What a night that was - one of the best ever. I would really really love Angel Witch to reform and you know I've not heard anything but I've got a really good feeling that they will reform and pretty soon as well. They're debut album is being released with additional tracks to mark the 25th anniversary of its release, so that's always a good sign. I'd sell my soul to see Angel Witch again!!!!!!!!

CRUSADER747 said:
I doubt it, because Paul Samson died of cancer in 2002 !!

Oh.....I could see how that could pose quite a problem. Unless upon Bruce's return they name the band 'Dickenson' :p

valanx said:
Unless upon Bruce's return they name the band 'Dickenson' :p

Hey I've just had a thought there, the band support Blackfoot next week when I see them are called Rich Dickensons Driving Force . Maybe Bruce's new band perhaps!!!!!!!!!!

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Can I just say you have supreme taste in music Paxoman. One of my favourite concerts ever was when I was 3 bands play thru in Edinburgh - on the bill that night were TANK, GIRLSCHOOL and ANGEL WITCH. What a night that was - one of the best ever. I would really really love Angel Witch to reform and you know I've not heard anything but I've got a really good feeling that they will reform and pretty soon as well. They're debut album is being released with additional tracks to mark the 25th anniversary of its release, so that's always a good sign. I'd sell my soul to see Angel Witch again!!!!!!!!

Well I don't know what is going on with Angel Witch. They reformed, and played a few gigs and supported Samson on the NWOBHM weekend that Saxon headlined at the LA2 a few years back. Then one of the members moved to America, so that was the end of Angel Witch. But they must be together again because they are playing the NWOBHM gig later this year at the Astoria with Diamond Head/Preying Mantis/Jaguar etc. So yeah Princess, Angel Witch will reform!

Paxoman said:
But they must be together again because they are playing the NWOBHM gig later this year at the Astoria with Diamond Head/Preying Mantis/Jaguar etc. So yeah Princess, Angel Witch will reform!

Yes I knew they had reformed a few years back cos they played was it Wacken or one of those festivals and then split up again. But they're not playing at the NWOBHM anniversay gig on the 4th of November cos I'm going to that concert and its DIAMOND HEAD, PRAYING MANTIS, WITCHFYNDE, JAGUAR and BRONZ. But I mean maybe Angel Witch have been added since I heard about this AWESOME concert about 6 weeks ago. OMG that would be stonkingly mindblowing!!!! Are you thinking of heading to the Astoria on 4th November Paxoman. I'm definitely going, there's no way that I'm going to miss seeing those bands again, seen them all apart from Bronz.

Paxoman said:
Why is this website playing up? It has been hard posting replies all week!

I've not had any problems getting into the site. I've just been pretty busy over past couple of days, so haven't posted as much as what I would have liked. I will get stuck in tomorrow so to speak!

I wish Spider would reform."here we go ,her go rock n roll can you hear me tonight on your radio"

Sniffa was an axe god.
Who needs the complex diamondhead or the satnic venom or the mad bastids tank or evan Saxon when you got SPIDER.They had 3 chords and they boy did they know how to use the.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

WILKS said:

Venom, now there's a band and a half. I saw them as well. I just wish every nwobhm band would reform, then I would truly be in my glory. Is anyone here heading to this NWOBHM Anniversary gig at The Astoria - I'm trying to talk some friends into going down, but so far no-one seems interested, what are they all nuts. I doubt I'll be able to find anyone to go with, bloody hell I can't even get any of my friends to travel through to Edinburgh with me to see the mighty SAXON. Glasgow city centre is about as far as my pals are willing to travel to see a band. What a bunch of bores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not so sure about bands reforming .It tends to mean we spend our time looking back instead of forward.I mean who wants to see a band that aint played together for 20 odd years.I love Saxon they have kept going no matter what evan if they did record one of the worst metal albums ever.Saying that it sound like a great night out if the bands can live up to very high expectations.We are the people who care the most.It will be school reunion and if they let us down it will soil our happy memories