ANGEL WITCH

valanx said:
Well let us know, from the good things you have said about them and the tunes i downloaded from the site they do sound like some pretty good power metal! Like Hammerfall, who i am listening to now incidently :D

BTW: your 'land of the dead' gif is just teh cool !!!!
The first Dragonforce album, in my opinion, is slightly better than there second album (which totaly rocks). That band is just awsome, i bet they could blast any other band off the stage!! I might get a Hammerfall cd next month, i assume they are quite a fast band??

MatRattz said:
Pax... you'll have the wee lass crying into her hankie!!

Angelwitch and Samson on Friday, and Girlschool and Budgie supporting Saxon on the Saturday. I don't know why Princess would be upset about missing it?!

OK, so it might not have been Girlschool and Budgie supporting Saxon, but I bet I had you going there Princess?!!!! :lol:

CRUSADER747 said:
The first Dragonforce album, in my opinion, is slightly better than there second album (which totaly rocks). That band is just awsome, i bet they could blast any other band off the stage!! I might get a Hammerfall cd next month, i assume they are quite a fast band??

The 2 albums i have "Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken" and "Crimson Thunder" are just really well crafted power metal, Im pretty sure you would like them! Some of the tunes have a decent tempo and nice double bass drum work, melodic guitar soloing etc.

valanx said:
The 2 albums i have "Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken" and "Crimson Thunder" are just really well crafted power metal, Im pretty sure you would like them! Some of the tunes have a decent tempo and nice double bass drum work, melodic guitar soloing etc.
Just been listening to loads of Hammerfall sound clips on the net. I like the faster songs, and the slower mid paced songs are o.k (ish). I wouldn't really class them as Power Metal myself, just melodic metal really. I will have to get one of there albums next month to really have a proper opinion of them, although it is really faster bands like the awesome Dragonforce that im really looking out for. The music im listening to these days just seems to get faster and more powerfull!!! I thought people got slower when they got older??? (i seem to like faster music as i get older) ?

Paxoman said:
Angelwitch and Samson on Friday, and Girlschool and Budgie supporting Saxon on the Saturday. I don't know why Princess would be upset about missing it?!

OK, so it might not have been Girlschool and Budgie supporting Saxon, but I bet I had you going there Princess?!!!! :lol:

Hahahahahaha good god my eyes nearly popped right out on their stalks when I read that Paxoman. You are such a tease!!!!! That would have been truly mindblowing Angelwitch, Samson then Girlschool, Budgie and Saxon - woohoooooooooooo.

I didn't know about that weekend with Angelwitch and Samson. When and where was it and how superb was it. In fact maybe you best not tell me cos I'll be getting really jealous and I am very nearly greetin into my hanky. I canny believe I didn't hear about that. I saw Samson a few times, they were always brill. In fact I'm going to stick on Riding with the Angels right now, my fav Samson song.

CRUSADER747 said:
i seem to like faster music as i get older
Mate you wanna get some 'Dimmu Borgir' down yer! "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" and "Death Cult Armageddon" should sort ya out!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

valanx said:
Mate you wanna get some 'Dimmu Borgir' down yer! "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" and "Death Cult Armageddon" should sort ya out!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Just heard some Dimmu Borgir sound clips (at least i think it was sound),. Er, , , its not my cup of tea, sorry, thanks anyway. As soon as i heard the vocals (if you can call them vocals) i just cringed LOL. THink i'll stick to the awsome Dragonforce for the time being :)

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Hahahahahaha good god my eyes nearly popped right out on their stalks when I read that Paxoman. You are such a tease!!!!! That would have been truly mindblowing Angelwitch, Samson then Girlschool, Budgie and Saxon - woohoooooooooooo.

I didn't know about that weekend with Angelwitch and Samson. When and where was it and how superb was it. In fact maybe you best not tell me cos I'll be getting really jealous and I am very nearly greetin into my hanky. I canny believe I didn't hear about that. I saw Samson a few times, they were always brill. In fact I'm going to stick on Riding with the Angels right now, my fav Samson song.

I will try this again. I typed it yesterday and the website went tits ups. How comes Ultimate metal have 'Improved' the website and it's actually a lot worse?!! Anyway...........

If I remember right, Saxon were touring the Metalhead album. It was at the LA2 (or the Mean Fiddler as it is called now, the little Astoria in London). That is the last time that Saxon played the LA2, since upgrading to the Astoria. Angelwitch came on first and they were very good. Then Samson came on and they were a different class. I couldn't believe the difference in the two bands. That is not a slight on Angelwitch, because they were actually very good. But Samson were in a different league. Sadly a short while later Paul Samson died of cancer.

Then it was Saxon on Saturday night, and of course they were in a COMPLETELY different league!!! I can't remember who supported Saxon, but I don't think it was a NWOBHM metal band. It was probably the usual Euro cheese that Saxon have as support. I don't tend to do support bands. I much prefer to be getting pissed in a pub somewhere, rather then spend £3 for a can of lager in the venue watching a naff support band!

That just sounds so immense Paxoman, I really really wish I'd been there.

I don't usually bother much with support bands either Paxoman , sometimes I feel it's just a complete waste of time, quite often I miss them out completely and just go see the headliner band. The only thing is that the last few concerts I've been to cos its standing only and I want to get quite near the front, you have to get there quite early and that means having to endure some crappy support band. Maybe this Man of the Hour might be ok, I dunno they don't sound up to much, but I'll probably check them out anyway.