would I benefit from a DI box?

This is what I was thinking. It's very noticeable on the cleans there but the distorted version not so much. Maybe I'll hold off for now and focus on other stuff.

The way distortion compresses the signal make these "subtle" differences disappear. You can hear real difference between a single coil and humbucker but now between going straight into the interface and a fucking DI box. Although if you want to improve something on your guitar try putting foam to minimize bridge's noise when playing. When I track with an RG guitar for example the noise from the bridge is really annoying. Also if you're playing a solo it would be a good idea to tune to a higher note where you're going to play the solo. Bad tuning and intonation make a big difference. Not cables/inputs/DIs and picks. Just a few tips.

^^^ I'd have to say picks make a HUGE difference. Different pick types definitely have quite different characters in the attack of your tone.

Anyway, I'd skip the DI box for now if your profire inputs are ok. But if you want to reamp, get a reamp box.

Yeah I wanted to hear more opinions on the reamp thing as well.

A few people here have claimed to reamp straight out of their 2626 with no reamp box.

I really want to be able to reamp instead of sticking with ampsims. I guess I should at least try going out of the 2626 directly to the amp and see what happens.

At the end of the day, the DI and reamp boxes are so inexpensive compared to most of the other guitars/amps/studio equipment we use that it's not even worth it to spend so much time thinking about them. Just get them in case you ever need them. They are quality.

At the end of the day, the DI and reamp boxes are so inexpensive compared to most of the other guitars/amps/studio equipment we use that it's not even worth it to spend so much time thinking about them. Just get them in case you ever need them. They are quality.

This. It amazes me that someone is fine taking a $1k+ guitar into $2k+ amp/cab setup and then run it into another $1k+ of mics/pres/converters but isn't alright dropping 5% of that on a DI/reamp box.