Would this be a steal?

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
I got offered the following PC (DELL Vostro 200) for € 399 ($ ~620) (new).

Intel E4500 Core 2 Duo Prozessor 2.20GHz
3072MB RAM (DDR2)
500 GB SATA (7.200 rpm)
Nvidia GeForce 8300 GS 256 MB
16X DVD/CD/RW
Microsoft Windows Vista Business or XP

Would still require a Screen and a FireWire Card.

What do you think. Is it any good for recording / mixing? Also what do you think about the value to money ratio? (I think it's a little on the expensive side, isn't it?)

It's about the right price. I just built the same computer on newegg for about $570ish. So if you aren't into building them yourself, then that's a decent deal, but I personally would avoid it because it's Dell.

I personally hate them because of their price and the fact that I've experienced (both personally and when helping friends) so many problems with them ranging from minor annoyances to a full-blown lemon my parents got a few years back.

Dell used to be really good, but now they use cheap parts. I've seen plenty of Foxconn motherboards in their Optiplex business models. I work in a place that uses them, and PSU's and MOBO's are failing constantly. I agree, find someone who will build you a computer, one that is meant for recording, with quality parts. There would be nothing worse than loosing all your audio files because the PC craps out on you.

Yeah check it out. Seems like right after this happened Dell had to save face by lowering there standards to make there product still appealing (by lowering there prices)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Curtis_(actor)

I can remeber when I could call Dell (this was in the late 90s) and they could get me from some wierd grey screen back to a usable point. Dell used to be at one point a great company to work with.