Cynic
Angra

Day 2:

Cloakwheel
Vangough
Redemption
Ark
Riverside

I would travel very far for such an awesome lineup. Am i alone? I can't be!

This seems like a prog lovers feast. And it seems to me semi realistic. Seeing that 6 of the bands are from the USA. 5 of them on the West Coast, 4 in California. I'd assume that helps a ton with keeping costs reasonable.

Plus, bands like Seventh Wonder and Ark i'd be interested in putting down some extra cash to get them here.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is....but i would just like to know why this festival lineup can't appear somewhere (preferably in the Bay Area). This roster would be about as epic as it could be. :cool:

-
-
-
-
Ah, why not....here's a third day lineup just for fun:

Animals as Leaders
Fair To Midland
Dream Evil (I'll throw in one Power Metal band for the hell of it)
Scar Symmetry
Symphony X

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Nice idea. After PPX on Friday night I was discussing the PPIX lineup with Bear and some of the guys from Enchant. It seemed that a more proggy lineup is due for BARFest.

I can't wait to hear an update and some band annoucements. Hopefully sooner than later so travel plans and time off from work/family can be arranged!!

I agree. PP tends to lean more to power metal rather than prog.

Definitely it does in 2010. In past years i think the balance was always pretty good. But i think you are right, the lean is slightly towards power.

Really this is good a time as any to bring the prog metal/rock fest to the Bay. The prog fans of the world are looking for somewhere they can get their fix. Let it be at BARfest III!