Would you like to hear my POD tone and playing?:)

ke2

Nov 6, 2002
Norway
Visit site
I`ve recorded some stuff on my computer, using my pod and Cool edit
What do you think??

Knut E

go to: home.online.no/~elinknut/artimages

These are the most decent;)
Tralla-la_2.mp3
tekno.mp3
D-sangen.mp3

Man, give 'em some decent names and put 'em up on mp3.com or something! =)

I really dig those - especially "D-sangen". You gotta love that brutal riffing! :headbang:

Hey, you really can shred too! I'm not half as fast. =P

/Sun'

Originally posted by Sunbane
Man, give 'em some decent names and put 'em up on mp3.com or something! =)

LOL, Aren`t the names nice? I guess you understand them too, being Swedish, I mean;) I have an mp3.com account, but I don`t think these are of good enough quality to be there(not "finished" enough, if you understand?)
Thanks for the nice words, Sunbane:)

Knut Einar

Wow....the tone sounds great, as well as the music itself. Good job. I used to have a POD pro rackmount, but I got rid of it after a while because I was only using it to demo stuff on a 4 track and didn't have a good enough power amp for it to sound good live.

Keep updating us when you do more songs or finish these, they're great.

I've got 2 PODs, bass and guitar, and these things kick ass for direct recording. Instead of playing around trying to mic a cab you can be recording. I don't know about live sound as I don't play live. I'm just a loser who owns some recording gear.

But, those tunes are pretty good. I like the tone too. I generally use the Soldano sims with the rectifier for the doubled guitar. Stay Metal. Out.

Originally posted by FrostGiant
I've got 2 PODs, bass and guitar, and these things kick ass for direct recording. Instead of playing around trying to mic a cab you can be recording. I don't know about live sound as I don't play live. I'm just a loser who owns some recording gear.

But, those tunes are pretty good. I like the tone too. I generally use the Soldano sims with the rectifier for the doubled guitar. Stay Metal. Out.

Thx, FG:) I also use the recto and soldano sims mostly. I think they sounds really, really good for the price paid, to put it like that

:D I don`t have any "finished" songs as such, I`m afraid. I`m having trouble concentrating, so it is difficult to finish them. I`d like to incorporate more parts, etc. but it means I have to program drums, write more stuff etc... Most of what`s recorded is actually improvised. I`ll have to chew some ritalin to be able to make a whole song, I guess:lol:
I`ll post it here if I manage to do a complete song, and on my mp3.com room as well. It has been little used up until now;)

Thanks for the reply

Knut Einar

That sounds real cool... keep playing, you'll be in a top name band soon enough. I too would like to learn to record from my pc... so tell us... what else did you use to record...

POD(that is a line 6 amp ...right?)
Cool Edit (program for editing?)

...what else dude? :headbang:

Originally posted by davo
That sounds real cool... keep playing, you'll be in a top name band soon enough. I too would like to learn to record from my pc... so tell us... what else did you use to record...

POD(that is a line 6 amp ...right?)
Cool Edit (program for editing?)

...what else dude? :headbang:

Just my guitar and a half-decent sound card. I`ve got a cable with a stereo mini-jack-->two mono regular-size(guitar) jacks. The mono jacks go from the POD to the line-in of the computer(stereo mini). When using the Cool Edit(the recording software, VERY easy to use, since I can do it;) ) you really just press the record button and play. It is nice to have some drum loops to play with. If you can find some short loops on the net, just save them on your PC, right click on a track in CE, and insert the loop.

Thx for the kind words:)

Knut E

oh.. so you recorded the drum loops 1st... then the rhythym guitar ... then the leads?
...but what will you do if you want to record a song that you've already written guitar and want to add the drums to it?

:cool:

Originally posted by davo
oh.. so you recorded the drum loops 1st... then the rhythym guitar ... then the leads?
...but what will you do if you want to record a song that you've already written guitar and want to add the drums to it?

:cool:

I record the drums first, no matter what, or at least a click track. I can`t play guitar in perfect time without a click(maybe not WITH a click either :D )

I may have to program some new loops, if those I have doesn`t suit the song. Then I record the guitar, and add the overdubs I find necessary.

If you mean that I`ve alredy recorded the guitar to the PC, I`ll have to record it again, unless I managed to play in perfect tempo the whole song through.

Cheers,
(and please feel free to ask, if you have any questions)
Knut E