Pod talk....

Kenny Lee

Oct 16, 2004
www.metallabs.com
Seen alot of Pod threads. I didn't want to hi-jack no ones, so here's another one :loco:
I've been trying many different techniques to get my Pod XT Pro screamin' & Crunchin'. Here's a few with samples.
-----------
ALL OF THESE ARE STOCK PRE SETS. NO TWEAKING. Just saying this so we all know. :D

Here's some using Hadley Hockensmiths' (Neil Diamonds guitarist!!!) "Rad Box". It takes out quite a bit of the newer Pods' infamous "fizz"! Hadley is one COOL dude and he makes these boxes by hand...by order. I got numero -Uno-.
1.Spinal Puppet pre-set
2.Spinal Puppet with Rad box
3.Brit J100 pre-set
4.Brit J100 with Rad box

And here's some samples using impulse responses with the Pod XT Pro's 5150 pre set from Metal Packs...
1.STOCK 5150 pre set
2.STOCK 5150 pre set with Neve 1272 I.R.
3.STOCK 5150 pre set with Studer 1/2" I.R.
4.STOCK 5150 pre set with A.K.G. 414 I.R.
5.STOCK 5150 pre set with Nuemann U87 I.R.

Once again, these were all "STOCK" pre-sets. No tweaking at all. Just turning on the Pod picked the 5150 pre set and recorded. So, with some tweaking these can sound pretty damn nice.
What do ya'll think?

P.S. oh yeah, I dig my Pod XT Pro..but my Krank smokes it. If ya'll want to hear my Krank sample let me know. :)

What did you use to apply the Impulse Responces? I've only got experience using DSP functions in CSound and Max/MSP, I've not really looked into plug-ins/software outside of those two for convolution and DFT calculations.

Kenny Lee said:
Seen alot of Pod threads. I didn't want to hi-jack no ones, so here's another one :loco:
I've been trying many different techniques to get my Pod XT Pro screamin' & Crunchin'. Here's a few with samples.
-----------
ALL OF THESE ARE STOCK PRE SETS. NO TWEAKING. Just saying this so we all know. :D

Here's some using Hadley Hockensmiths' (Neil Diamonds guitarist!!!) "Rad Box". It takes out quite a bit of the newer Pods' infamous "fizz"! Hadley is one COOL dude and he makes these boxes by hand...by order. I got numero -Uno-.
1.Spinal Puppet pre-set
2.Spinal Puppet with Rad box
3.Brit J100 pre-set
4.Brit J100 with Rad box

And here's some samples using impulse responses with the Pod XT Pro's 5150 pre set from Metal Packs...
1.STOCK 5150 pre set
2.STOCK 5150 pre set with Neve 1272 I.R.
3.STOCK 5150 pre set with Studer 1/2" I.R.
4.STOCK 5150 pre set with A.K.G. 414 I.R.
5.STOCK 5150 pre set with Nuemann U87 I.R.

Once again, these were all "STOCK" pre-sets. No tweaking at all. Just turning on the Pod picked the 5150 pre set and recorded. So, with some tweaking these can sound pretty damn nice.
What do ya'll think?

P.S. oh yeah, I dig my Pod XT Pro..but my Krank smokes it. If ya'll want to hear my Krank sample let me know. :)
What are 'impulse responses' kind sir? :)