Pod Guys...

EtherForBreakfast

Hamster Style
Jun 19, 2005
I have not bought any addon packs, using a TonePort with stock stuff.

As it stands, Spinal Puppet and Treadplate are the only 2 usable high gain/metal things in there.

For those that own Metal Shop, do you find that the 5150, or Bogner, or ENGL, or others are VASTLY superior to the stock treadplate or spinal puppet?

I'm talking about using ONLY pod features (amp eq and 4 band L6 post EQ). Not post tweaking.

I'm trying to justify spending $50 on a "model pack" to get the metal stuff.

EtherForBreakfast said:
I have not bought any addon packs, using a TonePort with stock stuff.

As it stands, Spinal Puppet and Treadplate are the only 2 usable high gain/metal things in there.

For those that own Metal Shop, do you find that the 5150, or Bogner, or ENGL, or others are VASTLY superior to the stock treadplate or spinal puppet?

I'm talking about using ONLY pod features (amp eq and 4 band L6 post EQ). Not post tweaking.

I'm trying to justify spending $50 on a "model pack" to get the metal stuff.

The Ubershall and 5150 sims are worth the price of the metal pack alone for rhythms IMO... The Diezel sim is really good for solos as well...

Steve

Sah.. thanks for the info. The only clip that sounded even halfway decent on the L6 site was the "big bottom".

I guess for $50 i might as well.. plus they have that 30 day return action in case i'm not happy.

eff it.. i'll go ahead and do it. Hoping to not be disappointed when i use the various models and realize they are all just variations of the spinal poopy.

EtherForBreakfast said:
Sah.. thanks for the info. The only clip that sounded even halfway decent on the L6 site was the "big bottom".

I guess for $50 i might as well.. plus they have that 30 day return action in case i'm not happy.

eff it.. i'll go ahead and do it. Hoping to not be disappointed when i use the various models and realize they are all just variations of the spinal poopy.

No problem. If you get a chance, check out this thread:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221389

It is somewhat heavy PODXT in a full mix. It is mostly the 5150 sim (courtesy of Kazrog's patch) from the metal pack...

Steve