pod addon packs

EtherForBreakfast

Hamster Style
Jun 19, 2005
kazrog and diaboloic.. which packs did you add to your pods?

i picked up a line6 toneport tonight for 2am emergency shit.

id like to know which models you use but more importantly, wtf is the deal with the addon packs and how they are grouped??

There is the POWERPACK that is 100 bucks.

Then there are 3 separate other ones that are 50 bucks a piece (metal, fx junkie, classic). THEN, there is a deal at $100 for all 3 of the separate things bundled as one.

So.. is the all 3 bundled for $100 the exact same thing as the Power Pack, or?!?!

The powerpack should be all of them. I opted for the metal pack, but I find myself wanting to try out that XTC model on the classic amp pack. I'd spring for the powerback, if I had the cash.

I bought the metalpack, and have used them on some recordings. I don't use my pod so much anymore, but if there is a fave model it would be the 5150 and ENGL Powerball models. But the metalpackmodels sounds way better than the stock models!

THis one is all POD XT 5150 model on all guitars:

http://www.facingdeath.se/audio/Facing%20Death%20-%2001%20-%20Eyes%20of%20Hell.mp3

And this one I just put up in another thread, the main guitars is a ENGL Savage, but the solo is actually POD XT Powerball model.

http://www.midtown.se/images/test.mp3

Hey Ether- I use the Pod XT Pro for scratches and for Metal only. I'd say grab the Metal Shop pack. If you can afford the whole shabang, it's worth it!

DIOBOL - Did you use the XTL on those 2 tunes that are on your site?

I guess I'll get the 3 pack for $99. The PowerPack is different, but does not look like it offers more than I need.

I'm mostly wanting the Powerball sim and the 5150 sim.

This little Toneport is pretty cool, BTW. For $200 bucks its a pretty sick value. Would work as a standalone interface, modeled mic pres, etc etc. Not too shitty.

Warning: The PowerPack is NOT all of the Model Packs; it's only composed of models from the PodXT that the Toneport & Guitarport don't have (some amps, and most of the FX; complete list here). It does NOT include anything from the optional Model Packs, such as the pretty kick-ass 5150 (Criminal), and simply makes your (Tone/Guitar)-Port have all the same models that the regular PodXT ships with.
All three model packs together is called the "Triple Pack" (Metal Shop, Collector's Classic, and FX Junkie). Choose wisely.
EDIT: While I was typing, you made a good choice. The 5150 and P-Ball are damn fine. Also, the Bogner '02 Ectasy and Deizel VH4 from the Classics pack are worth mentioning, and could have easily fit in with the Metal Shop.

A Gruesome Discovery said:
Warning: The PowerPack is NOT all of the Model Packs; it's only composed of models from the PodXT that the Toneport & Guitarport don't have (some amps, and most of the FX; complete list here). It does NOT include anything from the optional Model Packs, such as the pretty kick-ass 5150 (Criminal), and simply makes your (Tone/Guitar)-Port have all the same models that the regular PodXT ships with.
All three model packs together is called the "Triple Pack" (Metal Shop, Collector's Classic, and FX Junkie). Choose wisely.
EDIT: While I was typing, you made a good choice. The 5150 and P-Ball are damn fine. Also, the Bogner '02 Ectasy and Deizel VH4 from the Classics pack are worth mentioning, and could have easily fit in with the Metal Shop.

FWIW I'm still trying to get anything decent out of the powerball and I've had that pack for almost a year.

Gruesome - Yeah. It took some digging on the L6 site to figure out the scoop on the addons. The 3pack for $99 is definitely the way to go for me. I feel kinda weird buying them, since I'll probably only use 3 of the models (the ones you mentioned). The FX are a total afterthought as they are only there for vibe and I'd never print em. Hell, this whole ordeal is only for scratch/demo stuff anywayz. Weekend and some days are when I mic my cab and do it for real.

After hearing such great shit churned out by diobol and kazrog using their pods, I figured it's worth giving it a shot to try and get 75% happy guitars - plus the convenience of direct. From what I can understand, this toneport is the exact same thing as the xt, just that all of the dsp is done with the computer and not inside of the actual device. So far this little thing works really well. Should be a popular unit for line 6. Hopefully they will continue to update it.

My only major beef is that it will hork out major pop/clicks on active monitors when rebooting and when shutting down. Solution: flick my Furman off. Hopefully they will get that sussed out.

Thanks, as usual, for all the help guys.