3 Line6 Recto Models..which one is your fav?

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
as far as I understand it there are 3 Rectifier models on the pod (with MS installed).

the
1.treadplate dual
2.Line6 Treadplate
3.MS-Diamondplate

which one do you like best and why?
also, which one sounds closest to the real deal?

I'm gonna sound like a retard and admit I didn't know there was a Line6 treadplate model. That said, the Treadplate Dual is my favorite amp on the thing, and I like it a lot better than the MS-Diamondplate.

Yeah, to me the Diamondplate is the only one that actually sounds remotely like a Recto (specifically a 3 channel one on red), though it's still just a bit too dry for my tastes, so I guess I'd say I prefer the Treadplate Dual, even if it barely resembles a Recto IMO!

I get the best results with the Line6 treadplate. I don't have the diamondplate, so I can't judge that one. The dual treatplate has too much bass and doesn't sound as direct as I like.
I actualy don't know what preset resembles a real treadplate...

Yep that andy clip sounds ace ¡¡¡ but it seems imposible to get that with the dual treadplate , the l6 treadplate seems more capable of that.

Oh man, I haven't heard that clip in years, and look at Andy's hair in the pic :lol: However, I can definitely hear that at least some of the tracks weren't using the 57 on-axis model; there's that telltale cloudiness in there, so I'm guessing 57 off-axis, but since I never really messed with the 421 or u67 models I don't know them well enough to say whether it could've been one of them or not. However, I don't think that's the only source of the tone; definitely a 57 on axis in there too methinks!

And that Krank demo 2 mix sounds really good too! :headbang: (not a big fan of the Krank demo 1, doesn't sound much better than the pod tbh)

I always use the Diamond Plate, but dual tone it in combination with the Big Bottom model. The other Recto models sound wrong and feel wrong to me.

Is the Treadplate Dual (Dual Treadplate - some say it one way, others switched around) the one included in POD Farm? Not Platinum, just regular POD Farm. I think so...other than that it's L6 Treadplate and MS which has a Triple Rec. It's been a while.. I noticed they have an iLok version of their software now so I don't have to have a bean as a dongle, big + and for $99 seems like a decent deal to have laying around for scratch tracks, etc.

It's Treadplate Dual, and yeah, it comes standard (at least it did with all variants of PodXT, as did the L6 Treadplate)