3 Line6 Recto Models..which one is your fav?

Diamond Plate for me by far!

It's the one that feels the most real to me. It sounds less fizzy than the other two models to me... although somtimes I feel it's hard to get it to sound bright enough. I can't get anything useable out of it if I use the 57 off-axis, and with the 57 on-axis, I sometimes struggle to get the thump that I like from it. I use it with impulses, mostly, tho.

If I didn't have the MS pack, I think I'd use the L6 Treadplate.

Yeah... a bit of topic, but has anyone else noticed how weird the knobs behave on the Big Bottom? Particularly the Mid and the Treble... The Mid almost sounds like a second channel volume knob to me and the Treble changes the character of the tone a lot going from 0 to 100%.

yeah, it replaced "woolyness" ;)

wooly_mammoth.jpg

Yeah... a bit of topic, but has anyone else noticed how weird the knobs behave on the Big Bottom? Particularly the Mid and the Treble... The Mid almost sounds like a second channel volume knob to me and the Treble changes the character of the tone a lot going from 0 to 100%.

yeah its a strange amp. i found i started getting better tones out of it after i stopped trying to eq it like a normal amp. now i run the presence a bit above half, the treble pretty low (like 20% i think) and the mids really high, and then bass somewhere around midway i think, then i cut some treble in the post EQ. the lower you turn the treble it seems to get middier and less bright sounding, then as soon as the treble hits 0% it just opens up, haha. i like combining it with the chunk-chunk model to fill it out a bit, as its a very scooped sounding amp.

a bit more on topic, my favorite one is the MS-diamondplate one, as its the only one i've managed to get usable tones out of. i dont use it much anyway though. does sound cool when i paired it up with a tighter sounding model like the big bottom or something.

Ah, I've gotta try that!

Wasn't there someone from this board that mentioned the Purge somewhat sounding recto-ish?

If you use the TS Stomp (recommended), doesn't matter which you choose, all sound the same, just a bit difference of EQ but in the end all the same.

Anyway, my favourite is the Bogner+TS+4x12Treadplate

Why the fuck nobody open a sticky thread for sharing presets? 80% of the people in this forum owns Pods, I'm sure many people would suck dicks for having those presets (not me... well yes...)

If you use the TS Stomp (recommended), doesn't matter which you choose, all sound the same, just a bit difference of EQ but in the end all the same.

Why the fuck nobody open a sticky thread for sharing presets? 80% of the people in this forum owns Pods, I'm sure many people would suck dicks for having those presets (not me... well yes...)

to be honest...I wish there would be a subforum for all the POD, AD, DFH, SSD etc threads...
I would really like to not have 90% of the threads in the "rate my" forum labeled "AD+7170+SSD+Impulses"...I don't even open those.
would love to hear more stuff done with real amps and real played drums.

with a separate subforum fpr all those impulse/modelling/dfh stuff the other thread would be cleaner AND people wanting to know something about POD etc would have a place to post about it.

A
B
C

I think they're all pretty much unusable without tons of post EQ etc

these were very generic settings, actually an amp should sound good with settings like these. must be the mic position they used for the modelling or so (sm57 on axis)....

A
B
C

these were very generic settings, actually an amp should sound good with settings like these. must be the mic position they used for the modelling or so (sm57 on axis)....

B sounds the best to me.

Anyway, I wouldn't use the Pod thinking in real amps. I tweak until I get a good tone, without taking into account how a real amp would sound. For me PodXt is just a direct recording machine, not a sim itself. Don't care if it's a Marshall, Mesa, Peavey, I choose the one I like.

I dunno if it's just how you typed it out, but the order should be TS+Bogner+412. You don't use a TS in the loop, or at least not in the sense that is suggested by most to help tighten low-end.

I like B the best too.

I'd be willing to bet the last one is the Line 6 Treadplate.

I like the low-end on the first one, tho. I struggle to get enough low-end out of my POD!

Oh, and I remember which other model was related to a Recto! The Insane one was also somewhat of a Recto model, IIRC.